Date: 22.10.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 654
Collegepaperz.ukessays.xyz #Comparative essay literary

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Comparative essay literary

Comparative essay literary

Mar/Thu/2018 | Uncategorized

Comparison / Contrast Essays

Watch Shaun s Smrt Live Class live for free on YouTube every Thursday at 17 00 GMT (17 00 GMT = ).

Leaving Cert English Comparative - Literary Genre - Circle of Friends

Comparative essay literary

Custom Academic Paper Writing Services -
A Thousand Splendid Suns--Comparative Literary Essay Assignnment

apa thesis papers is comparative essay, safe and secure. Thank you for choosing our experienced company with professional writers! Sample papers on biology, chemistry, business studies, marketing and others are available now! Contact our support team 24/7 for any upcoming questions. You can buy essays online from different companies nowadays, so please be aware of the fact that many of essay school them have already pre-written essays or keep a database of the completed papers. We want to precaution you to be attentive and not to place your order with cheaters. Coolessay.net provides the work which is completed from scratch only! We carefully check each order for plagiarism after it is scrupulously completed according to your original and unique instructions. How can I find someone to write my paper for me?

We are here to provide you with academic assistance in any kind of assignment you have. How can I buy an essay online? You may feel free to place an literary, order with us and more than 600 writers are currently waiting to help you out. Do not hesitate to contact our support team 24/7 in essay of the, case any questions occur. I need you to comparative essay write my paper/ I need you to write my essay – in this case, please choose the option of essay “writing from scratch” (the order will be completed from your provided instructions); I need you to redo my essay/ I need you to make the essay, adjustments in the paper I provide you with – you should select option of “proofreading/editing/re-writing” (in case you have an already completed paper which has to be adjusted). Buying essays online is very simple.

All you have to do is to fill in the form while placing the order, provide us with the required materials to use (in case you have any) and proceed with the read descriptive essays online, payment. That's all! The rest we will do for you. In case you need a complicated order which requires numerous calculations and specific writing skills, please feel free to place a free inquiry now, so that we could check whether there is an available writer to complete an literary, outstanding paper for you. This feature is crucial if you want the quality to be excellent and avoid revisions in of the civil, future: the Top or ENL writers can be chosen. For you to check the writer’s manner of writing in advance, you may select this feature and get one of the previous writer’s works. This is an option that will let you get a plagiarism report generated by Turnitin system but without saving your work in the database. Comparative Essay! This is to assure you of paper originality during future submissions.

The professional Editor will re-read the writer’s work and make the corrections if necessary. Summary of the paper. If you need your paper to be summarized in 1 page, this option will be suitable for myself essay your order. Should I buy essay online? When you register with us and place an order, you will be given a personal manager . Professional high quality standard writing. 5 years of experience in the custom writing business. Comparative! Our writers are from the United States, the UK and Canada . They all have accomplished their Master's and PhD programs. Confidentiality is mandatory . Read Descriptive! All information you provide us with is secured and no other third party could ever get an access to essay your personal data. Your order will be assigned to the writer who is proficient in your field of study and has certain experience. Delivery always on -time! We take the responsibility while completing your order that there is preservation essay, your paper will not be late.

Great deals are waiting for you! We always offer the best prices for comparative literary our customers. How can I write my essays and make them plagiarism-free?” We guarantee that each paper we complete is moore thesis sociology, written from scratch. No plagiarism is allowed. Comparative Essay! Every order is checked with our own special plagiarism detection system. We complete papers according to the formats of myself essay APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian or Harvard Style.

You are able to comparative essay contact the certain department if you have a specific question. Moore Thesis! Feel free to look for the contact phone number and e-mails under the essay, Contact us section. Our support team is moore thesis, also available for literary your convenience 24/7. Free revisions for you! For more detailed info, check our Revision Policy.

How will you write my paper? We always find an preservation, individual approach to each client. Ability to stay updated on the process of your order. Money back guarantee! You are able to ask for essay literary a refund if you are not satisfied with the work completed.

For more detailed info, please read our Money Back Guarantee in the separate section. Read Essays! ATTENTION! There is a special offer for our customers! We always have sales and special offers on the website for our customers. If you want to receive a discount for your order with us, you are welcome to contact our support team 24/7 via chat or by phone. We will always find a perfect solution for comparative literary you! Become a customer of coolessay.net, save your money and make your life easier! Coolessay.net is here to satisfy you with the service you have chosen.

We are a friendly team of professionals who have been in this area of business for davis moore sociology 3-5 years already. You can contact the essay literary, respective department and we will resolve your question instantly. Buy essays online with coolessay.net! Be fashionable, smart and spm, mobile! =) 275 words per comparative essay literary, page! Double spacing (single spaced order is available) We do not keep a database of the papers! The work we provide is original! All papers are completed from scratch! Coolessay.net is legal to descriptive online use! Our service is not prohibited by any college or university.

When you receive the completed work, you are able to use it in the following ways: As a source for additional ideas and research on the particular subject As a better understanding of the comparative essay literary, subject and assignment itself that you are required to spm complete As gain of new knowledge and exchange of any kind of experience The proper paraphrasing is acceptable.

Custom Essay Order -
Comparative - Literary genre - Studyclix

Lovie Smith: Illini's game with North Carolina a 'true measuring stick' We've seen Lovie Smith's Illini win a game. But we've yet to see what they're made of. Fortunately we won't have to wait long to learn that, either. Illinois' 52-3 throttling of comparative essay Murray State was surely reason for celebration in Champaign, with Smith getting his first win as the experience school Illini head coach, but it didn't tell us much other than that a Big Ten team can expectedly run rings around an FCS opponent. The offense put up some impressive numbers, with Wes Lunt throwing for 226 yards and three touchdowns and running back Kendrick Foster rushing for a pair of 56-yard touchdown scampers, one of three Illini ball-carriers to hit the comparative essay literary end zone. Meanwhile, the defense forced three turnovers, including interceptions on Murray State's first two drives. It was without a doubt a mighty positive start for a team that hasn't had much to preservation essay cheer about in recent seasons. But like has happened in recent seasons, beating up on lesser competition is hardly a sign of things to come. Illinois won last season's opener by an identical 52-3 score over Kent State and pounded Western Illinois to the tune of 44-0, giving Bill Cubit a 96-3 scoring edge in his first two games as interim head coach before the Illini were trounced at North Carolina and ended up with a 5-7 record. The season prior, with Tim Beckman still at the helm, Illinois bested Youngstown State, Western Kentucky and comparative Texas State in the non-conference portion of the schedule with Lunt putting up gigantic numbers in all of those games but also got pasted, 44-19 at essay experience school Washington and posted a 3-5 record in conference play.

That's not to say this season will follow that pattern. Literary. It's a different group with a different coaching staff with a different venue. The Illini's last four non-conference regular-season games against Power Five teams have been played away from Champaign and have all been losses. But certainly we'll know much more about the Illini after seeing them play another Power Five team as opposed to an FCS cupcake. It's early in the year, but for us this is a big game, Smith said during his weekly press conference Monday. I don't know how North Carolina's looking at the game, the way they beat us up last year. But for us it's a big game and a true measuring stick to see where we are.

There's no preseason games, so it's about the first game you play each year. That's why I make the gothic architecture research statement that the most improvement you should see is from Game 1 to comparative Game 2. Davis Moore Thesis. We do know now, we've had a chance to finish plays, see guys in the game environment and everything that goes along with that. We went through our game-week routine all the way up until the game. Essay Literary. So a lot of things we need to do, we went through this past week, and that should make us better this week. It's not like North Carolina is any old squad. The Tar Heels played in last season's ACC title game, falling to architecture research papers Clemson by just eight points. In fact, North Carolina's win over Illinois last season was one of a stretch of 11 straight victories after dropping the season-opener to South Carolina. This, of course, is a different team one that might lose its preseason AP ranking after losing this year's season-opener against an also-ranked Georgia team but it's still a good one and one of the highest-profile non-conference teams to visit Champaign in comparative literary a long time.

What does Illinois have going for it in this one? An early glance indicates the Illini could have some rushing success. The Heels had one of the myself essay worst rushing defenses in the nation last season, ranking 121st out of 127 teams with an literary average of 247.4 rushing yards allowed per game. Only two Power Five conference teams, Kansas and essay of the civil Texas Tech, were worse at stopping the run. And this past Saturday, North Carolina allowed Georgia running back Nick Chubb one of the best in the country at his position to run wild for 222 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

That should be music to the Illini's ears after their rushing attack had a big day against Murray State. Kendrick Foster rattled off 118 yards on just four carries thanks to a pair of 56-yard touchdown runs, with the whole team finishing with 287 yards on comparative the ground. Ke'Shawn Vaughn still got the majority of the carries vs. Murray State and no one should expect that to change for civil war the North Carolina game, but the more weapons the Illini have on offense, the comparative literary better. Running backs want to get in the end zone. All running backs dream of scoring, longer runs, breaking it, not getting caught from behind, Smith said Monday. Your backup running back, at that. You're going to have limited reps, and you need to make the most of them. I think Kendrick took full advantage of the opportunity that he got.

Wisconsin rolls on: Ten big things from the preservation forests weekend in Big Ten football. Wisconsin rolls on: Ten big things from the weekend in literary Big Ten football. Wisconsin is essay school, still on course for that table-running everyone was so excited about the essay possibility of before the season started after beating Northwestern on descriptive online Saturday. It wasn’t the essay literary prettiest win, with the Cats on research top at halftime and then staging a late comeback attempt that sliced a blowout down to a one-possession game in essay literary the final minutes. But the Badgers cranked up the defense during a dominant third quarter to get a big enough lead to davis moore thesis hang onto for their fourth win in four games. While that third quarter was 15 minutes’ worth of the comparative essay impressive Wisconsin team we saw during the essay first three games, the single-digit margin of victory and the season-high in points allowed makes you wonder whether the Badgers will be able to win out and roll through the Big Ten West as expected. Certainly rolling through the comparative essay literary Big Ten West shouldn’t be a problem, as believed challengers like Iowa and Minnesota and even Northwestern had huge setbacks this weekend (and the research papers prior, in Iowa’s case). Nebraska’s in a bad state, and Illinois and Purdue are still Illinois and Purdue. The game circled on the calendar remains Michigan on Nov. 18 in Madison. I wouldn’t worry too much about one nine-point win being a negative sign of essay literary any kind.

Alex Hornibrook wasn’t the near-perfect quarterback he was against essay of the, BYU, but he straightened things out in the second half and made some big plays. Jonathan Taylor Touchdown kept earning his nickname, too, with a pair of rushing scores. And that defense, oh that defense. Comparative Essay Literary. It was an onslaught of pass-rushers in essays Clayton Thorson’s face, and Wisconsin limited Northwestern (and star back Justin Jackson) to essay literary a paltry 25 rushing yards. The Badgers are going to sociology be just fine. 2. Give Saquon Barkley the comparative Heisman right now. Saquon Barkley continued barnstorming toward the Heisman with another big day in Penn State’s runaway win over Indiana. Barkley rushed and received for descriptive a combined 107 yards, but it was other stuff that made the comparative literary highlight reels.

He returned the game’s opening kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown. This man's just from another planet. And he threw a 16-yard touchdown pass. Saquon's out myself spm, here slingin' touchdowns, because why not? And he made a one-handed catch before juking someone out of their shoes. Add Tegray Scales to the list of essay literary All-B1G linebackers Saquon Barkley has put on the ground.

Don't feel bad, Tegray. Thesis Sociology. He does it to everyone: pic.twitter.com/c9n6N7Xv5K. The guy is unbelievable, and while there are plenty of great players around the country — Bryce Love at comparative literary Stanford, Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma, Mason Rudolph at Oklahoma State to essay name a few — Barkley has played head and shoulders above all of them. 3. Comparative Literary. Don’t look now, but Buckeyes have best offense in Big Ten. Remember when everyone was freaking out about Ohio State’s offense? Maybe they still are? Well they should calm down because the Buckeyes have the best offense in the conference, averaging 42.6 points and 564.8 yards per game. Only four teams in the country are putting up more yards per week: Three of them are in the offense-happy Big 12 and the fourth has reigning Heisman winner Lamar Jackson. It’s well worth pointing out that outside of Oklahoma, an upsetting home loss in which Ohio State scored just one touchdown, the Buckeyes have blitzed inferior competition, beating Indiana in Week 1 and Army, UNLV and Rutgers since that Week 2 defeat. Papers. This weekend, the Buckeyes jacked up their numbers by steamrolling the comparative Scarlet Knights, winning 56-0 and essay high school racking up 628 total yards.

Goodness. Whether the offensive woes from the first couple games have been completely exorcised remains to comparative essay literary be seen. After all, can we judge Ohio State on what it’s done in three runaways against Army, UNLV and Rutgers? No. But for gothic architecture papers a team that was taking so much heat for its offensive struggles, these numbers are off-the-charts great. It’s not a dissimilar situation form last year, when the Buckeyes’ offense was constantly bemoaned, only for essay literary them to put up big numbers nearly every week. Of course, in the only week that truly ended up mattering, against myself essay, Clemson in the College Football Playoff, the offense was awful. Same goes for the Week 2 loss to Oklahoma.

Let’s just say that the Oct. Comparative Essay. 28 game against Penn State will be mighty important in finally settling this. 4. My son is also named Bortenschlager. How bout dem Terps? Already with a couple strong performances this season, chiefly that win on the road at Texas, Maryland got maybe its biggest win Saturday — due to descriptive essays the fact that it was down to its third-string quarterback. Starter Tyrrell Pigrome was lost for the year in the Texas game, and the same fate befell Kasim Hill in comparative a loss at UCF. Enter Max Bortenschlager, who led Maryland in a win over Minnesota in introduce myself essay the Twin Cities. Bortenschlager threw two touchdown passes and rushed in for another score as the Terps moved to comparative essay literary 3-1 on the season and scored an impressive road victory over a team that was supposed to compete for a division title this year. The key play was the game-winning touchdown scamper by Ty Johnson, a 34-yard dash that was part of another big rushing day for Maryland — something the Terps always need if they’re going to come away with a win.

But Bortenschlager didn’t turn the ball over, and for DJ Durkin’s team to do what it did against previously undefeated Minnesota is davis thesis, mighty impressive. 5. Essay Literary. Didn’t see that coming, Sparty. After Michigan State’s lukewarm start to the season and Iowa impressing through a 3-1 beginning to the campaign, the davis moore thesis Hawkeyes seemed a logical pick to win Saturday despite going on the road. Well, instead, it was kind of comparative literary a dominating performance by the Spartans, who held the Hawkeyes to just 226 yards and one trip to the end zone. Iowa only picked up 19 — 19! — rushing yards and forests essay fumbled the essay ball away twice. Outside of the prior weekend’s 20-point blowout loss to Notre Dame, Michigan State has been pretty darn good at holding opponents to read descriptive essays low scores, allowing just 34 points total in its three wins over Bowling Green, Western Michigan and Iowa.

Those two MAC wins were expected, but the essay literary Hawkeyes had been rolling strong behind quarterback Nathan Stanley and running back Akrum Wadley. Not so Saturday, as the gothic papers Spartans held Stanley to 16-for-31 passing for essay literary 192 yards and moore thesis no touchdowns and Wadley to 17 carries for comparative essay just 30 yards (he also had a touchdown). That Michigan State defense is back, huh? Sparty ranks third in preservation forests the conference — behind top-10 Michigan and Wisconsin teams — in total defense, allowing 248.3 yards per game. Northwestern wasn’t supposed to go up to Camp Randall and stage an comparative upset of introduce a top-10 Wisconsin team, but despite the halftime lead and late comeback try, this was more evidence of comparative literary a team that’s pretty well removed from what was expected before the season started.

And there have been few examples of that more glaring than the up-and-down production from essay star running back Justin Jackson. In half of the essay literary Cats’ four games, Jackson has been a non-factor, and gothic research unsurprisingly the comparative essay literary Cats lost both of those games. Essay Of The Civil War. Jackson had just seven carries for 18 yards in literary the blowout loss at descriptive essays online Duke. He had just nine carries for comparative literary 25 yards Saturday in Madison. This isn’t to gothic papers say this is Jackson’s fault. Playing from behind means an literary increased likelihood to essay throw the ball. And the Northwestern offensive line has noticeably struggled, as evidenced by the team’s minuscule rushing numbers and quarterback Clayton Thorson being constantly pressured by the Wisconsin pass rush.

But you’d think that Northwestern would want to feed its best player, a guy who entered the season as one of the essay best players in the Big Ten. Read Descriptive. I’m sure they do want to do that, but that hasn’t happened in comparative essay literary the two games the Cats have lost. Abysmal. It might not come as a surprise that the Illinois offense hasn’t been able to do much of anything. But boy that was an ugly performance Friday night against Nebraska, the second straight such performance by davis moore sociology, an Illini team that’s now 2-2 on the campaign. No team in the Big Ten is scoring fewer points than the Illini, who are averaging 17.8 per game. No team in the Big Ten is comparative literary, accumulating fewer yards than the Illini, who are averaging 267.3 per game.

They have the worst total offense of any Power Five team, and only three teams nationally are averaging fewer yards. Florida State and Boston College are the only Power Five teams scoring fewer points. Friday, a Nebraska defense that couldn’t stop Arkansas State and that got beat by essay civil war, Northern Illinois (though 14 of NIU’s 21 points in that game came on comparative pick sixes) kept Illinois out of the end zone and held it under 200 yards. The Illini couldn’t do anything offensively, and if that’s a harbinger of things to introduce essay spm come, then Big Ten play will go much like it did in 2016. Lovie Smith is already taking steps to correct this stuck-in-the-mud offense, giving Chayce Crouch the comparative heave-ho as the team’s starting quarterback. That likely means Jeff George Jr. will be the new starter after he had some success in gothic research relief of Crouch in the loss to USF. Literary. Cam Thomas, a freshman, is an option, too. No, Nebraska is not back just because it beat up on Illinois. That was the easy part for the Huskers, off to a rocky start that led to the firing of athletics director Shawn Eichorst.

Wisconsin and forests essay Ohio State in the next two weekends is the hard part. It’s hard to imagine the Huskers will win either of those two games. But Friday night’s win over the Illini can’t help but be a positive step for a team that was reeling just a few weeks back. Bob Diaco’s defense, which was shredded by comparative essay, the likes of Arkansas State and Oregon, clamped down on Illinois’ ineffective offense. That’s a confidence builder if nothing else.

Again, it might take until Purdue at the end of the descriptive essays online month for Nebraska to get its fourth win. A 3-4 start isn’t going to cool down Mike Riley’s hot seat. But a win is a win, and comparative essay the Huskers now have two of them in school Big Ten play. This is Rutgers’ fourth season in the Big Ten, and essay the program’s conference record is not good. The numbers got worse Saturday thanks to Ohio State’s 56-0 crushing.

Let’s check in on the Knights’ cumulative Big Ten totals. In four three seasons plus two games, Rutgers has a 4-23 record in Big Ten play. They’ve been outscored 1,055-439 and have been shutout six times. So that’s not very good. 10. Jim Harbaugh jumped into experience, a pool. Michigan didn’t play Saturday, but somehow Jim Harbaugh still grabbed headlines. Why?

He jumped into a pool. See how they stack up: Week 5 college football top 25 rankings. See how they stack up: Week 5 college football top 25 rankings. With Week 5 in essay literary the books, here’s my top 25. Marching into Blacksburg against a Virginia Tech D that hadn’t allowed a rushing touchdown, Clemson scored two, part of a 31-point night in which its own D shone with three takeaways, including a pick six. Bama is amazing. And its schedule will allow that to continue, with Auburn the only ranked opponent left. So maybe every game will look like Saturday’s 66-3 mauling of civil war Ole Miss.

The Sooners were off this weekend. They’re tuning up to go undefeated in essay October: Iowa State, Texas, Kansas State, Texas Tech. Preservation. Let Baker Mayfield’s Heisman campaign ratchet up. The Frogs were off this weekend, no doubt prepping for next weekend’s huge Big 12 matchup with West Virginia. Here’s to 1,000 points being scored in that game. It took the Lions just one quarter to comparative essay completely run away from Indiana. Saquon Barkley had 107 rushing/receiving yards, but the highlight was his 98-yard kick-return TD to essay open the game.

Dude’s good. So the Dawgs are pretty darn fantastic, going up on Rocky Top and blanking the Vols in a 41-0 shellacking. The Georgia defense took the ball away from Tennessee four times. That’s not fake news. It wasn’t the essay smoothest of spm sailing, but the Badgers stayed undefeated with a win over Northwestern. Wisconsin trailed at halftime, but a near-perfect third quarter on both sides of the ball locked in the win. Though I still submit Washington’s schedule has been really soft, it’s outscored its five opponents 220-54. Comparative. That scoring defense ranks right up there with all these other top-of-the-line teams. I was very impressed by the Canes dominating previously undefeated Duke.

The Devils were averaging more than 40 points a game coming in, and the Miami defense kept them out of the end zone. The Wolverines were off this weekend, allowing Jim Harbaugh to go diving while wearing khakis. His form is gothic research papers, questionable, but his defense remains terrific and essay will face an unexpectedly 3-1 Michigan State team next weekend. There weren’t many stories bigger than Wazzu’s upset of preservation USC on the Palouse. Mike Leach and Luke Falk run a hell of an literary offense, but how about read online, that Cougs defense? Big reason they’re still undefeated. Yeah, this is still that same Ohio State team that demolishes opponents — especially when that opponent is Rutgers. A 56-0 throttling ought to keep the Buckeyes in comparative literary those title discussions. It was almost back-to-back losses for the Boys, who got a late tie-breaking touchdown run — plus 376 yards and three touchdown passes — from Mason Rudolph to sneak out of davis moore thesis Lubbock with a win. Since the comparative essay post-Clemson scare against Mercer, Auburn has smoked Missouri and essay experience high Mississippi State by a combined 100-24 score.

More of the same coming against Ole Miss, LSU and Arkansas? I feel like you can’t blame anyone for losing their undefeated season to Clemson at this point. Comparative Essay Literary. It happens every week. I fully expect the Hokies to still be good, but you just can’t beat Clemson right now. An eye-popping performance from gothic architecture papers Florida this weekend.

I guess Vandy’s defense was never that good, as the typically low-scoring Gators exploded for 38 points. But of course there’s some more QB drama. The Mountaineers were off this weekend, resting up after scoring at least 56 points in three straight games. Think that streak comes to an end next weekend against that TCU defense? The Utes were off this week, but keep in mind that they’re one of essay literary just three still-unbeaten teams in the Pac-12. Some real tests coming, though, against essay experience high school, Stanford and USC. Sam Darnold does some impressive things, no doubt about it, and he nearly kept the Trojans undefeated.

But he makes a lot of mistakes, too, now with eight picks, second most in the country. While everyone was paying attention to other things, Louisville trucked Murray State, with Lamar Jackson racking up 349 passing/rushing yards and four total touchdowns. Ho hum. The Irish went over 500 yards of comparative offense in their blasting of sociology Temple. They’ve scored 139 points in the three games since the comparative literary loss to Georgia, two of read essays which were road games against Power Five teams. The Bulls dropped 61 points on Saturday! That’s a lot of points!

Not even a grotesque poke in the eyes could stop Rashaad Penny from racking up triple-digit yardage against Northern Illinois. Shame on you Antonio Jones Davis ,LB for @NIU_Football who intentionally poked @Aztec_Football #RashaadPenny in the eyes. Should be ejected! pic.twitter.com/PEpH4T2UzH. SDSU also had an 80-plus-yard pick six, one of three interceptions for the D. Two more sacks for Bradley Chubb in NC State’s win over Syracuse. Should be interesting to see the talented defensive lineman go up against Lamar Jackson next week. In a battle of American unbeatens, UCF crushed Memphis, beating a team that dumped 48 points on UCLA by comparative, a 40-13 score.

The Knights can pile up the points, man, with 139 of essay of the war them in comparative literary just three games. What a win for the Terps, taking down previously unbeaten Minnesota on the road behind third-string quarterback Max Bortenschlager, college football’s most fun name to say with a German accent. I fully believe Stanford is the best two-loss team in the country, mostly because Bryce Love is absolutely amazing. He went off for architecture research a school-record 301 yards and three touchdowns this weekend. A mighty fine showing from the Red Raiders in nearly upsetting Okie State. Nic Shimonek can sling like any good Texas Tech quarterback should, and maybe the Raiders put some more teams on upset alert. The Ducks have the essay highest-scoring offense in of the college football.

But they also have a head-scratching loss to comparative essay Arizona State and now a serious injury to starting quarterback Justin Herbert. The Dukies got destroyed by Miami this weekend, bringing their undefeated start to an end. We’ll see where Duke goes from forests here. It should be a win against Virginia. North Carolina is a shell of itself, but still an impressive blowout win for the Jackets, with TaQuon Marshall and Kirvonte Benson combining for 267 rushing yards.

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -

Free Downloadable Resume Templates. Free resume templates designed selected by comparative literary, RG professionals. Simply choose your favorite and get started. Just scroll down and find a Microsoft Word template that suits your work experience and sense of essay, design. Don’t worry – using a template is perfectly acceptable. If you don’t feel like designing your own resume, you can instead jump to our free and easy to use online resume builder. Save time and effort – it does all of the writing and formatting for comparative literary you. Click the button below and get started! Resume Template Library 1: Resume Genius' Original Designs - Expert's Choice.

The above basic resume library was designed by our resident resume experts and have been battle tested by essay spm, job seekers. As this set performed the comparative essay literary best, we included them in our resume builder software– and now we are offering them to you for free to download in read descriptive essays Microsoft Word format. Essay! Each professional template comes in five colors. Explore these templates, download them, personalize them, and start getting more interviews. Resume Template Library 2: Advanced Layouts. Professional Brick Red. Timeless Dark Blue. Elegant 2.0 Dark Blue. Modern Brick Red. Due to the popularity of our professional Microsoft Word templates, we decided to spend more time adding to our database after hearing from customers about what they’d like to see. Experience High! For these new designs, we’ve created five NEW layouts and updated three of our most popular selections from our resume builder software.

Each resume has its own unique aesthetic — but don’t let that fool you. Each resume is thoroughly tested for clarity and readability, meaning that you could use ANY of comparative, these resumes and land more interviews. Essay Experience High! So have fun, and pick one that suits your sense of comparative essay, design. But remember — the way you format your resume is war, extremely important depending on how much experience you have, or if you have any job gaps. So be sure to modify downloaded files to you get to essay literary match your experience accordingly.

Template Library 3: Professional Profile Layouts. Washington Brick Red. Murray Dark Blue. Trump Brick Red. Introducing our newest batch of Microsoft Word templates, hot off the presses. We created these new designs due to the growing popularity of davis moore thesis sociology, our explainer on how to write a professional profile. Essay! People interested in a layout featuring a PP introduction skyrocketed, so we toiled to of the create 8 brand new HR-approved documents for you to download for free. Remember — this particular template is comparative, best for those of you with some or significant work experience only. Template Library 4: Creative Layouts. Brooklyn Bridge Black.

Taj Mahal Dark Blue. White House Brick Red. Empire State Gray. Mount Rushmore Dark Blue. Are you having trouble separating yourself from your competitors? Have you been using the war same resume format since you graduated college over a decade ago? Then it might be time to add some style to your resume! We’ve come up with a new set of creative designs that are the perfect blend of professionalism, personality, and just the right amount of style.

These styles are great for graphic designers, artists, or anyone who wants to add a hint of character to comparative essay literary their job search. Template Library 5: Career Life Situations. Job Hopper Original. Mid-Level Dark Blue. Career Changer Brick Red.

Whether it’s entry-level, manager, or executive, every job seeker experiences different phases throughout their career. Some phases, like being in the middle of a complete career change or hopping around short-term jobs, are quite difficult to transfer on a resume. Fortunately, we have created a new library of templates specifically tailored to the various stages of a career. Remember: You can download any of these resume templates for spm free and add the comparative bullet points yourself, or you can make a resume in minutes with Resume Genius’ renowned resume builder software. It can save you a lot of forests, hassle designing and filling up your resume, and land you more interviews faster. However, if you’d still like to essay literary make the davis moore thesis sociology resume on your own, use our industry-specific resume samples to essay give you guidance and gothic architecture research papers, inspiration when writing your own resume. Comparative Essay Literary! Lastly, don’t forget to gothic architecture research papers check out our professional cover letter examples. Not Sure Which Template to Choose? The answer is yes — if you want to. Every person’s experience is unique, so you’ll need to choose a template that best reflects and promotes your skills and comparative, experiences.Our templates are built to be customizable to any industry and are great for any of the 3 resume formats. The fact is, the web is read, filled with so many fantastic and creative template designs that there is literary, undoubtedly something for you out there.

We are proud of the designs we’ve created, and have seen that they are effective at gothic architecture research papers landing interviews. But we’re not finished yet — we’ll be adding template designs to this page extensively in the near future. If you feel like creating your own, that’s fine too. Readability is essay literary, king when creating a good template — it is the most important factor, followed by how the resume itself is structured to essays showcase your best experiences and conceal your negative ones. You may have read on the Internet that it’s inappropriate to use a resume template. You’ll hear these arguments: 1. It shows you’re lazy and uncreative, and comparative, unable to design your own.

Wrong, it shows you’re efficient. (Creating your own is fine, too.) 2. Since your experience is unique, a resume template won’t cut it. Wrong again. Your experience is davis thesis sociology, personally unique, but you still generally fall into pattern that many other people have traveled before. 3. The hiring manager will be tired of looking at that resume template design because a lot of other people use it. That hiring manager should be fired. Literary! It’s the content of essay of the civil, your resume that matters, not the aesthetic (unless it’s not readable.)

We hope that clears up any misconceptions you may have had. We invite you to scroll back to the top and choose from essay one of descriptive essays online, our many resume libraries, and start writing. cover letter for nursing. Should i include collegiate sports in my resume? And if so where? It depends how much professional experience you have. If you are a recent college grad, then it is acceptable to include on your resume. Good luck on comparative literary the job hunt!

Good luck on the job hunt! If the jobs are relevant to the ones you are applying for, then you can go as far back as you like. Research! With regards to your military experience, check out essay our military to gothic research papers civilian resume guide: https://resumegenius.com/blog/go-shooting-guns-coffee-runs. Any of the templates in library 2 would be suitable for essay manufacturing careers. Best of luck! I’ve worked in the same industry for the past 13 years. Multiple employers with jobs lasting two to three years each. The jobs have been similar, so the experience looks a bit repetitive. Davis Moore Sociology! I need to find a template that highlights my experience without getting bogged down in the chronology, Any suggestions?

It provides ample space for your professional experience, while also highlighting your top qualifications. Good luck on the job hunt! hi resume genius.. Essay! i need template resume that suitable for trainer and coach.. can u suggest to me with template is suitable.. Moore Thesis! #128578; I had a job for comparative essay 7 years and preservation essay, during that time I wore many hats, Executive Admin, Purchasing, Vendor Management, Project Coordination, etc. How would I write that on my resume? Perhaps the Company name and then all the related roles under that and comparative essay, the times I did those jobs? I was always the Executive Admin, but I did other jobs during that period. Yes, your suggestion is correct. Gothic Architecture Research Papers! Start with the company name and included the related jobs with their own bullet points underneath. Good luck! Consider trying the ‘Job Hopper’ or the essay literary ‘Executive.’ They should able to fit all your jobs nicely.

Ive never had a job so what should I use? Most of the templates above would suit your situation, but we suggest trying the moore thesis sociology Career Changer template because it emphasizes skills over the dates of literary, your professional experience. Essay Experience! (https://resumegenius.com/resume-templates/career-level-life-situation-templates#career-changer-templates) Best of luck! We suggest using the ‘Gatsby’ Template. Good luck with grad school! As far as style, we suggest our ‘Professional’ template. In terms of format, if you want to include your restaurant experience, then you might want to consider using a functional format:https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats/functional-samples-writing-guide. Hope this helps! We suggest using our ‘Entry-Level’ template.

Good luck with the internship! Good Day Resume Genius.I’m a midwife by profession an has worked in a military hospital for essay literary 16 years in essay high school KSA. I’m trying to apply as a home based ESL educator and an email respondent . Since I’m from the medical profession, I’m having difficulty in comparative literary choosing the perfect resume.The skill I know is myself, more on the medical.,clerical which involes data entry for appointments and summary, interpreter and comparative essay, my part time informal english lessons to essay native speaking arabs. Comparative Essay Literary! What template should I use? Try the myself essay spm ‘Murray’ template. Essay! Good luck! Hello.

Which is good for cabin crew applicant? I have no many work experience in service. So i want to highlight the other things. Thanks #128578; Take a look at our Flight Attendant resume sample: https://resumegenius.com/resume-samples/flight-attendant-resume-example You can download it and input your own information. Which template would you recommend for a career in education? Check out davis moore our teacher resume samples: https://resumegenius.com/resume-samples/teacher-resume-example You can download them and input your own experience. Try using the ‘Freeman’ template. Best of luck on essay literary the promotion! Hi! What resume template would you recommend for a college freshman trying to apply for a competitive summer program with the USDA and papers, South Dakota State University?

Sound like the ‘Entry-Level’ template would be a good fit for what you’re trying to do. Good luck with the summer program. Hi! Which resume template would you recommend for someone trying to literary tap into the finance and gothic research, accounting market. Looking for an entry-level position. You should go with the ‘Entry-Level’ template. Good luck with the job hunt. I have worked 32+ years as a nurse, the last 4 years taking care of my elderly father and online work. Now seeking to get back into the job market for extra income, not necessarily in the health field, just to earn some income and socialize. What resume do you suggest? Try the ‘Job Hopper’ template.

Good luck with your job search! Hi! What resume template would you recommend for a 9th grader trying to apply for a doctor (any)?? Apparently, resume making and essay literary, interviewing is our project for the fourth quarter this year. I couldn’t find any clear examples on the web, and I was hoping you could help me out with what template I should use.. Try using the ‘Elegant 2.0’ template. Good luck on your project. Yes, if you click the View all Resume Designs button and click the download link for descriptive the template pack of your choice. If you’ve never written a resume before, I’d recommend checking out our “How to Write a Resume” guide to get a clearer idea (it’s much more comprehensive than any answer I can give here). https://resumegenius.com/how-to-write-a-resume. Hit us up with any follow-up questions after giving that a read we’ll see if we can help further!

Good luck! Hey there Margaret, In order to comparative essay literary best understand which template works, it’s a good idea to davis check out which resume format fits your particular needs; then you can take it from there. https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats. All of the templates were created by professional resume writers, so it’s hard to go wrong with any of them — it just depends on your preference. Good luck! It really depends on what job you’re applying for. Essay Literary! Since you have substantial work experience, try quantifying that in your resume (think: any numbers that a hiring manager can look at experience school and better understand what you accomplished during your time working there).

Check out this page and comparative essay literary, choose the experience high one you find most fitting, that should be a good start: https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats. Good luck on the job hunt! Hey there hbil036, This way, you can focus on comparative literary your skills qualifications critical to the job application. As an preservation aside, you may want to look into whether you’re qualified to get back into accounting after that many years outside of the field. I understand that some regulations and rules change over the years — it may just be a matter of taking a test or updating your certifications, but I’m not certain.

If that doesn’t seem to be a problem then go with the functional resume for sure. Comparative Essay Literary! Good luck on the job hunt! If you are lacking in major experience, I’d recommend using a reverse chronological format for your resume. Our “Classic” template on this page should do the trick: https://resumegenius.com/resume-templates/ Good luck at the job fair! I recommend you first check out our internship resume sample page: https://resumegenius.com/resume-samples/internship-resume-example. School! Afterwards, feel free to choose any format – just use a comprehensive education section instead of a professional experience section, and you should be good. Good luck landing that internship! Share Free Downloadable Resume Templates Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today’s competitive job market.

We provide HR-approved resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easy export to MS Word and PDF. Get awesome job opportunities sent directly to essay literary your inbox. By clicking Send Me Job Alerts, I agree to the Resume Genius Terms of myself spm, Use and Privacy Policy. Play the One-Minute Game That’ll Show You How to Improve Your Resume. Think you can judge the quality of comparative essay, a resume within 6 seconds? The answer may surprise you. Put your skills to the test, and research papers, learn how to make your resume 6 second worthy! 3 Reasons Why I Wouldn't Hire Tom Brady. Tom Brady’s resume is a couple yards short of a touchdown. Comparative Literary! There are tons of errors throughout.

See why. How to Modify and Maximize your Resume Template. Need a resume template? Feel free to essay of the civil download one, but be sure to make small modifications to comparative essay literary unlock your. Would You Rather Work for a Man or a Woman? Do people still care whether they work for a man or woman, or do most people simply look for a nice job. 5 Ridiculous Excuses To Calling Out Of Work That Were Surprisingly Successful.

Every office is bound to have that one person that abuses the call-out policy. These people go above and. Resume Genius' builder, resources, advice and career tips are regularly featured on some of the experience school world's leading online and offline publications including: Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to comparative essay introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to davis moore help you land more interviews in today's competitive job market. HR-proven resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to comparative literary choose from, and easily export to MS Word and thesis, PDF.

Write My Paper For Me -
How to Write Comparative Essays in Literature | Education - Seattle PI

american flag essay Presented here are a some essays that I have assembled for all of you with a patriotic heart. If you have a favorite essay that you would like to contribute to this collection please feel free to do so ! Be sure to include the title author (if known) to Contact Us. If one asks me the meaning of our flag, I say to him: It means just what Concord and comparative essay Lexington meant, what Bunker Hill meant. It means the whole glorious Revolutionary War. It means all that the Declaration of Independence meant. It means all that the Constitution of our people, organizing for justice, for liberty and for happiness, meant. Under this banner rode Washington and his armies. Before it Burgoyne laid down his arms. It waved on the highlands at West Point. When Arnold would have surrendered these valuable fortresses and precious legacies, his night was turned into essay school day and his treachery was driven away by beams of light from this starry banner. It cheered our army, driven out from around New York, and in their painful pilgrimages through New Jersey.

This banner streamed in comparative essay literary light over gothic architecture the soldiers' heads at comparative essay Valley Forge and at Morristown. It crossed the waters rolling with ice at Trenton, and when its stars gleamed in the morning with a victory, a new day of hope dawned on forests the despondency of this nation. Our Flag carries American ideas, American history and comparative American feelings. Beginning with the Colonies, and coming down to our time, in its sacred heraldry, in architecture papers its glorious insignia, it has gathered and stored chiefly this supreme idea: divine right of liberty in man . Comparative Essay Literary? Every color means liberty; every thread means liberty; every form of star and beam or stripe of light means liberty - not lawlessness, but organized, institutional liberty - liberty through law, and laws for liberty! This American Flag was the safeguard of liberty. Gothic Architecture? Not an atom of crown was allowed to go into comparative its insignia. Not a symbol of authority in school the ruler was permitted to go into it. Essay? It was an ordinance of preservation liberty by the people, for the people. That it meant, that it means, and, by the blessing of God, that it shall mean to comparative essay the end of time! Our Flag - America's Tonic Against Cynicism. [ Note : From the Nov.-Dec.

1994 National Flag Foundations Standard Bearer Magazine. This article remains the forests copyrighted material of the essay National Flag Foundation and architecture research is presented here by permission.] As Vice President and as a Senator and member of comparative essay Congress before that, I have visited dozens of foreign countries. Believe me when I say I have seen lots of essay of the war flags. Every country in the world flies flags on ceremonial occasions, such as the arrival of dignitaries on official trips. But something sets Americans apart. We don't just put out the flag for comparative important visitors, or on solemn occasions, and then put it away.

Ordinary Americans, by the millions, revere our flag and display it every day. We fly it from experience school, tall poles in literary front of our businesses, from short poles in our front yards, from balcony railings in our condominium complexes. We pin the flag on our jacket lapels and paste it to the windows of myself essay spm our cars and trucks. As soon as our toddlers can hold a little stick in their tiny fists, we give them Old Glory to wave at the Fourth of July parade. And at life's end, we drape the caskets of our fallen patriots with the Stars and essay Stripes. This proud display of, and devotion to, the symbol of our nation is uniquely American.

It is papers, how we reaffirm the fact that we are indeed one nation and that whatever our other differences, there are core values Americans hold in common: a belief in the dignity of the individual, a love of liberty, and a commitment to government of, for, and by the people. By displaying the flag, we express our gratitude to the generations past who fought and died for this country, and we remind ourselves of our obligation to preserve for generations to come the freedom that others won for us. One of the priviledges enjoyed by those of us in public life is to be greeted by flags most everywhere we go. This simple expression of patriotism is comparative essay literary, often a welcome relief from the essay cynicism of elites in our nation's capital who are too sophisticated to be caught waving a flag. My aquaintances in the major media might find this hard to believe, but there's nothing like seeing proud faces of youngsters reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to remind you of the high ideals that first led you to seek elected office. I realize that the temper of our times is increasingly cynical, that Americans in growing numbers raise a skeptical eyebrow upon hearing the words high ideals and elected office in the same breath. If you read the same newspaper stores I do, then you have seen the public opinion polls showing in what low repute we now hold the major branches of government.

I must admit there are days when I understand those feelings. It's easy to look at the discrepancy between what officials say and what they do, and to become cynical as a result. However, I don't believe Americans will ever become entirely cynical -- as long as they keep flying the flag. As a symbol of our republic and comparative its institutions, our link to this country's past and to its future, the flag helps us keep in mind that the Founding Fathers created a durable and admirable system of government. The founders didn't pretend to guarantee that only honorable men and women would hold office. In fact, they assumed the opposite -- and created a system of checks and balances as insurance against the imperfect politicians they knew would always exist. Essay War? In other parts of the world, people tend to find Americans' love of the flag overly sentimental.

I believe that our system of government, for all its occasional flaws, is still the finest in essay the world. Far from being sentimental, we have very good reason to show our appreciation anew every day. This country was not built by thesis, men who relied on somebody else to take care of them. Comparative Essay Literary? It was built by men who relied on themselves, who dared to shape their own lives, who had enough courage to blaze new trails with enough confidence in themselves to take the necessary risks. This self-reliance is our American legacy. Moore? It is the secret of that something which stamped Americans as Americans. Essay? Some call it individual initiative, others backbone. But whatever it is called, it is a precious ingredient in our national character, one which we must not lose. Gothic Architecture Research Papers? The time has come for literary us to re-establish the rights for which we stand, to re-assert our inalienable rights to human dignity, self-respect, self-reliance—to be again the kind of people who once made America great. Such a crusade for renewed independence will require a succession of inspired leaders, leaders in spirit and in essays knowledge of the problem, not just men with political power, but men who are militantly for the distinctive way of life that was America. We are likely to find such leaders only among those that promote self-reliance and who practice it with strict devotion and understanding.

No man thinks more highly than I do of the patriotism, as well as abilities, of the very worthy gentlemen who have just addressed the literary House. But different men often see the research same subject in different lights; and, therefore, I hope it will not be thought disrespectful to comparative literary those gentlemen if, entertaining as I do opinions of a character very opposite to theirs, I shall speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve. This is no time for ceremony. Davis? The question before the House is one of awful moment to this country. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery; and in proportion to the magnitude of the comparative essay subject ought to essay experience high school be the essay freedom of the debate.

It is only in this way that we can hope to papers arrive at truth, and fulfill the comparative essay great responsibility which we hold to God and descriptive essays our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings. Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to comparative essay literary shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of introduce myself spm that siren till she transforms us into essay beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for essay experience liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the comparative essay literary things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of descriptive essays spirit it may cost, I am willing to comparative know the whole truth; to gothic architecture research papers know the worst, and to provide for comparative essay it. I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging of the future but by the past.

And judging by the past, I wish to know what there has been in the conduct of the British ministry for the last ten years to justify those hopes with which gentlemen have been pleased to solace themselves and the House. Is it that insidious smile with which our petition has been lately received? Trust it not, sir; it will prove a snare to your feet. Essay? Suffer not yourselves to be betrayed with a kiss. Ask yourselves how this gracious reception of comparative literary our petition comports with those warlike preparations which cover our waters and darken our land. Are fleets and introduce myself essay spm armies necessary to a work of comparative essay love and reconciliation?

Have we shown ourselves so unwilling to be reconciled that force must be called in to sociology win back our love? Let us not deceive ourselves, sir. Comparative? These are the essay high implements of war and subjugation; the last arguments to which kings resort. Comparative? I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlemen assign any other possible motive for it? Has Great Britain any enemy, in essay high this quarter of the world, to comparative essay literary call for all this accumulation of navies and armies? No, sir, she has none. They are meant for us: they can be meant for no other. Essay Of The Civil War? They are sent over to bind and rivet upon us those chains which the British ministry have been so long forging.

And what have we to essay literary oppose to them? Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in essay every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain.

Shall we resort to comparative essay entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves. Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. Research? We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the comparative tyrannical hands of the ministry and Parliament. Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and preservation forests essay insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne! In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope.

If we wish to be free -- if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending -- if we mean not basely to essay literary abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained -- we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of essays hosts is all that is left us! They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the comparative essay next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and moore sociology when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength but irresolution and inaction?

Shall we acquire the literary means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the experience high delusive phantom of literary hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. Essay Spm? There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and literary who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to introduce myself essay spm the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to comparative essay literary desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is sociology, no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged!

Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable -- and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come. It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace -- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun!

The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to comparative be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!

I know not what course others may take but as for me; give me liberty or give me death. On the night of Good Friday, 1865, he left us to gothic architecture join a blessed procession, in neither doubt nor fear, but his soul does indeed go marching on. For this was the Bible-reading lad come out of literary wilderness, following a prairie star, filled with wonder at the world and its Maker, who all his life, boy and man, not only knew the Twenty-third Psalm but, more importantly, knew the Shepherd. Now it seems possible that we shall never see his like again. This is a sobering thought, but it should be a kindling one, for upon us now, as a people and a party, has been laid perhaps the greatest responsibility any nation was ever asked to shoulder, yet certainly not greater than we can bear. Our days are no longer than were Lincoln's, our nights are no darker, and if there is any difference between his time and this it lies in essay of the war the tremendous advantage that is ours, that he stood so tall before us. In such a time and at comparative essay literary such a moment we surely can say then, from descriptive online, hopeful, brimful hearts: We are standing, Father Abraham, devoted millions strong, firm in the faith that was yours and is ours, secure in the conviction bequeathed by you to comparative us that right does make might and that if we but dare to do our duty as we understand it, we shall not only survive. --we shall prevail. What's a flag? What's the love of country for which it stands?

Maybe it begins with love of the land itself. It is the fog rolling in with the tide at forests Eastport, or through the Golden Gate and among the towers of San Francisco. It is the sun coming up behind the White Mountains, over the Green, throwing a shining glory on Lake Champlain and above the essay Adirondacks. It is the storied Mississippi rolling swift and essay high school muddy past St. Louis, rolling past Cairo, pouring down past the literary levees of New Orleans. It is lazy noontide in architecture research papers the pines of Carolina, it is comparative literary, a sea of wheat rippling in Western Kansas, it is the San Francisco peaks far north across the glowing nakedness of essay Arizona, it is the Grand Canyon and a little stream coming down out of comparative essay literary a New England ridge, in which are trout. It is men at work.

It is the storm-tossed fishermen coming into Gloucester and Provincetown and Astoria. It is the farmer riding his great machine in introduce essay spm the dust of harvest, the dairyman going to the barn before sunrise, the lineman mending the broken wire, the miner drilling for the blast. It is the servants of fire in the murky splendor of comparative essay literary Pittsburgh, between the Allegheny and the Monongahela, the trucks rumbling through the descriptive essays night, the essay locomotive engineer bringing the train in on essay spm time, the pilot in the clouds, the riveter running along the beam a hundred feet in the air. Comparative? It is the clerk in myself essay spm the office, the housewife doing the dishes and sending the children off to school. It is the teacher, doctor and parson tending and helping, body and soul, for small reward.

It is small things remembered, the little corners of the land, the houses, the people that each one loves. We love our country because there was a little tree on a hill, and grass thereon, and a sweet valley below; because the hurdy-gurdy man came along on a sunny morning in a city street; because a beach or a farm or a lane or a house that might not seem much to others were once, for each of us, made magic. Comparative? It is voices that are remembered only, no longer heard. It is descriptive essays, parents, friends, the lazy chat of street and comparative essay literary store and architecture papers office, and the ease of mind that makes life tranquil. It is essay, Summer and Winter, rain and introduce myself sun and storms. These are flesh of our flesh, bone of our bone, blood of our blood, a lasting part of what we are, each of comparative literary us and all of us together. It is introduce, stories told. It is the Pilgrims dying in their first dreadful Winter. It is the minute man standing his ground at comparative literary Concord Bridge, and gothic architecture research dying there. It is the army in rags, sick, freezing, starving at comparative essay Valley Forge. It is the wagons and the men on foot going westward over Cumberland Gap, floating down the great rivers, rolling over the great plains.

It is the settler hacking fiercely at the primeval forest on sociology his new, his own lands. It is Thoreau at Walden Pond, Lincoln at Cooper Union, and Lee riding home from Appomattox. It is corruption and comparative disgrace, answered always by men who would not let the flag lie in the dust, who have stood up in war every generation to fight for the old ideals and the old rights, at risk of ruin or of life itself. It is a great multitude of people on pilgrimage, common and ordinary people, charged with the usual human failings, yet filled with such a hope as never caught the imaginations and the hearts of any nation on earth before. The hope of liberty. Essay? The hope of of the justice. Comparative Essay Literary? The hope of a land in which a man can stand straight, without fear, without rancor.

The land and the people and the flag, the davis moore sociology land a continent, the comparative essay people of every race, the flag a symbol of what humanity may aspire to myself spm when the wars are over and the barriers are down: to these each generation must be dedicated and consecrated anew, to defend with life itself, if need be, but, above all, in friendliness, in hope, in courage, to live for. I am an American: That's the comparative essay way we put it, simply, without any swagger, without any brag, in introduce essay spm those four plain words. We speak them softly, just to ourselves. Comparative? We roll them on experience high the tongue, touching every syllable, getting the feel of them, the enduring flavor. We speak them humbly, thankfully, reverently: I am an American. Literary? They are more than words, really. They are the sum of the lives of a vast multitude of men and women and wide-eyed children. Myself? They are a manifesto to mankind; speak those four words anywhere in the world -- yes, anywhere -- and those who hear will recognize their meaning. They are a pledge.

A pledge that stems from a document which says: When in essay literary the course of preservation human events, and goes on from there. A pledge to those who dreamed that dream before it was set to paper, to those who have lived it since, and essay literary died for it. Those words are a covenant with a great host of plain Americans, Americans who put their share of meaning into them. Listen, and you can hear the voices echoing through them, words that sprang white-hot from bloody lips, scornful lips, lips a tremble with human pity: Don't give up the ship! Fight her till she dies. Damn the torpedoes! Go ahead! . . . Do you want to read essays live forever? . . . Literary? Don't cheer, boys; the poor devils are dying. Laughing words, June-warm words, words cold as January ice: Root, hog, or die. .. I've come from Alabama with my banjo. . Architecture? . Pike's Peak or bust! . . Comparative Essay? . Busted, by God! . . . Read Online? When you say that, smile. Wait till you see the whites of essay their eyes. With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right. Descriptive Essays? I am not a Virginian, but an American.

You can hear men in assembly summoned, there in Philadelphia, hear the scratch of their quills as they wrote words for the hour and comparative essay literary produced a document for the ages. You can hear them demanding guarantees for which they suffered through the hell of war, hear a Yankee voice intoning the text of ten brief amendments. You can hear the slow cadences of architecture research a gaunt and comparative essay weary man at Gettysburg, dedicating not a cemetery, but a nation. Myself Essay? You can hear those echoes as you walk along the streets, hear them in the rumble of traffic; you can hear them as you stand at the lathe, in literary the roaring factory; hear them in the clack of train wheels, in gothic architecture the drumming throb of the comparative literary air liner; hear them in myself essay spm the corn fields and in the big woods and in the mine pits and the oil fields. But they aren't words any longer; they're a way of life, a pattern of living. They're the dawn that brings another day in which to get on the job. They're the comparative literary noon whistle, with a chance to get the kinks out of your back, to get a bowl of soup, a plate of beans, a cup of coffee into your belly. They're evening, with another day's work done; supper with the wife and gothic kids; a movie, or the radio, or the newspaper or a magazine -- and no Gestapo snooping at the door and threatening to kick your teeth in. They are a pattern of life as lived by a free people, freedom that has its roots in rights and obligations: The right to go to comparative essay literary a church with a cross or a star or a dome or a steeple, or not to go to any church at all; and the obligation to respect others in that same right.

The right to harangue on gothic architecture research a street corner, to hire a hall and shout your opinions till your tonsils are worn to a frazzle; and the obligation to curb your tongue now and then. The right to go to school, to comparative literary learn a trade, to enter a profession, to earn an essay, honest living; and the obligation to do an honest day's work. The right to comparative essay put your side of the argument in the hands of a jury; and the obligation to abide by the laws that you and your delegates have written in the statute books. The right to choose who shall run our government for us, the right to a secret vote that counts just as much as the next fellow's in the final tally; and the obligation to use that right, and guard it and keep it clean. The right to introduce essay hope, to dream, to pray; the essay literary obligation to serve.

These are some of the meanings of those four words, meanings we don't often stop to tally up or even list. Only in the stillness of a moonless night, or in the quiet of moore thesis sociology a Sunday afternoon, or in the thin dawn of a new day, when our world is comparative essay, close about essay school, us, do they rise up in our memories and stir in our sentient hearts. Only then? That is not wholly so -- not today! For today we are drilling holes and driving rivets, shaping barrels and loading shells, fitting wings and welding hulls, And we are remembering Wake Island, and Bataan, and Corregidor, and Hong Kong and Singapore and Batavia; We are remembering Warsaw and Rotterdam and Rouen and Coventry. Remembering, and muttering with each rivet driven home: There's another one for remembrance! They're plain words, those four. Simple words. You could write them on your thumbnail, if you chose, Or you could sweep them all across the sky, horizon to horizon.

You could grave them on stone, you could carve them on comparative essay literary the mountain ranges. You could sing them, to the tune of Yankee Doodle. But you needn't. You needn't do any of those things, For those words are graven in the hearts of 130,000,00 people, they are familiar to 130,000,000 tongues, every sound and every syllable. But when we speak them we speak them softly, proudly, gratefully: I am an American. We do honor to the stars and stripes as the emblem of our country and the symbol of all that our patriotism means. We identify the flag with almost everything we hold dear on moore sociology earth. It represents our peace and security, our civil and political liberty, our freedom of religious worship, our family, our friends, our home. We see it in the great multitude of blessings, of rights and privileges that make up our country. But when we look at our flag and behold it emblazoned with all our rights, we must remember that it is equally a symbol of our duties.

Every glory that we associate with it is the result of duty done. A yearly contemplation of our flag strengthens and purifies the national conscience. In response to a request from England for a description of Col. George Washington, his aide-de-camp, John Francis Mercer, wrote: He may be described as being as straight as an Indian, measuring six feet two inches in his stockings and essay weighing 175 pounds when he took his seat in the House of Burgesses in 1759. His frame is padded with well developed muscles, indicating great strength. Introduce Essay Spm? His bones and joints are large, as are his feet and hands. He is wide shouldered, but has not a deep or round chest; is neat waisted, but is broad across the hips, and has rather long legs and arms.

His head is well shaped though not large, but is gracefully poised on essay a superb neck. A large and straight rather than a prominent nose; blue-gray eyes which are widely separated and overhung by a heavy brow. His face is introduce myself spm, long rather than broad, with high round cheek bones, and terminates in a good firm chin. He has a clear though rather colorless pale skin, which burns with the sun. A pleasing, benevolent, though a commanding countenance, dark brown hair, which he wears in comparative literary a cue. His mouth is essay of the civil, large and generally firmly closed, but which from time to time discloscs some defective teeth. His features are regular and placid, though fiexible and expressivc of deep feeling when moved by emotion. What strange doubts assail this timid generation of today as it beholds the challenges to both liberty and equality. We seem beset with fear not faith, with doubt not confidence, with compromise not conviction, with dismay not dedication.

We are drenched with the literature of fear and doubt. Survival has become the main theme. The fall-out shelter from which the comparative literary stars of hope and courage cannot be seen has become the symbol of our fears and misgivings. Are we to become fearful, unworthy legatees in a blessed, united land where the earth is fertile to our every need, where the skills and ingenuity of men are boundless, where the of the war burdens are bearable, where decent living is within the reach of comparative essay all, and where the genius to school produce is unlimited? Perhaps we have lost our sense of continuity? Perhaps we have forgotten that we move in that same endless stream which began with our forefathers and which will flow on and on essay literary to embrace our children and our children's children. If we have, there will have gone with it that sense of individual responsibility which is the last best hope that a nation conceived in liberty and dedicated to myself essay equality can long endure.

Comes then the reminder from the man from Illinois. Men died here and comparative men are sleeping here who fought under a July sun that the nation might endure, united, free, tolerant, and devoted to equality. Introduce Essay Spm? The task was unfinished. It is never quite finished. Literary? I was born an American; I live an American; I shall die an American; and I intend to perform the of the war duties incumbent upon me in that character to the end of my career. I mean to do this with absolute disregard of personal consequences. What are the personal consequences? What is the individual man, with all the good or evil that may betide him, in comparison with the good or evil which may befall a great country, and in the midst of great transactions which concern that country's fate? Let the consequences be what they will, I am careless.

No man can suffer too much, and no man can fall too soon, if he suffer, or if he fall, in literary the defense of the liberties and constitution of his country. Daniel Webster Speaks at Bunker Hill. The first time I ever saw Mr. School? Webster was on the 17th of June, 1825, at the laying of the corner-stone of the Bunker Hill Monument. I shall never forget his appearance as he strode across the comparative essay literary open area, encircled by some fifty thousand persons—men and women, waiting for the Orator of the Day, nor the shout that simultaneously burst forth, as he was recognized, carrying up to gothic architecture the skies the name of Webster! Webster! Webster! It was one of those lovely days in June, when the sun is bright, the air clear, and the breath of essay nature so sweet and pure as to thesis fill every bosom with a grateful joy in the mere consciousness of existence. There were present long files of soldiers in essay their holiday attire; there were many associations, with their mottoed banners; there were lodges and grand lodges, in white aprons and blue scarfs; there were miles of citizens from the towns and the country round about; there were two hundred gray-haired men, remnants of the days of the Revolution.

Mr. Webster was in the very zenith of his fame and of his powers. There was a grandeur in his form, an intelligence in his deep dark eye, a loftiness in his expansive brow, a significance in his arched lip, altogether beyond those of any other human being I ever saw. And these, on the occasion to which I allude, had their full expression and interpretation. When he came to address the few scarred and time-worn veterans, some forty in number, who had shared in the bloody scene which all had now gathered to commemorate, he paused a moment, and, as he uttered the words Venerable men, his voice trembled, and I could see a cloud pass over the sea of faces that turned upon the speaker. He said: Our poor work may perish, but thine shall endure: this monument may moulder away, the solid ground it rests upon thesis sociology, may sink down to the level of the sea; but thy memory shall not fail. Wherever among men a heart shall be found that beats to the transports of patriotism and liberty, its aspirations shall claim kindred with thy spirit!

I have never seen such an effect, from a single passage. Lifted as by inspiration, every breast seemed now to expand, every gaze to turn above, every face to beam with a holy yet exulting enthusiasm. It was the omnipotence of eloquence, which, like the agitated sea, carries a host upon its waves, sinking and swelling with its irresistible undulations.

Essay Writing Service -

Descriptive Essay About The Worst Weather Conditions Essays and Research Papers. ?First Draft Weather has a way of making people feel a certain way, by comparative essay literary, affecting their mood. Descriptive? Bright and sunny weather tends . to make people happier, while dull and literary dreary weather brings about less appealing emotions, such as grumpiness, sadness, or fear. Tornado weather , especially in civil, tornado alley, is a source of emotion. For many people living in tornado alley, tornado season offers a mix of fear and comparative literary excitement. However, for most, when the tornado is forests essay actually present, fear tends to comparative take over. Cloud , Rain , Severe weather 974 Words | 3 Pages. relatively halfway between the U.K. and the U.S.

There are many misconceptions about Iceland, and surely the name of the country doesn't help . any. Architecture Papers? Far from freezing or being covered in ice, Iceland has a relatively medium climate, averaging 60 degrees in the summer and 32 in comparative essay, the winter. We were visiting in April, and the temperature during our stay was around 40 degrees, requiring a winter wear, but far from civil war scarf and literary gloves- weather . Jumping on gothic architecture research papers the tourist bandwagon, our first trip was to Iceland's largest. Faroe Islands , Geyser , Geysir 1419 Words | 4 Pages. How to Write a Descriptive Essay More than many other types of comparative, essays , descriptive . essays strive to create a deeply involved and vivid experience for essay experience high, the reader. Comparative Literary? Great descriptive essays achieve this affect not through facts and statistics but by using detailed observations and descriptions. What do you want to describe? As you get started on your descriptive essay , it's important for you to identify exactly what you want to gothic architecture papers describe. Often, a descriptive essay will focus on portraying one of. Adjective , Creative writing , Essay 2299 Words | 7 Pages. My first Car Enc1101 March 11, 2012 Descriptive essay My first car was my first most prized possession.

I’d named her, . tested her out on literary interstates, and architecture research took good care of her like she was one of comparative essay, my children. Forests? She had mirror tinted windows and was deep ocean blue that gleamed in the summer sun, she was flawless. I will never forget my first out of town drive to Tallahassee- smoothest, fastest ride ever! Had it not been for the scenery I would’ve felt like I was driving in essay literary, a race. I remember. Automobile , English-language films , Mother 1134 Words | 3 Pages. Descriptive Essay 1) Definition: Descriptive essay is one of the essay experience, many types of writing styles . that provides a detailed description for a particular person, place, memory, experience or object.

Descriptive essay is purposely created so readers can readily imagine its particular subject matter. It focuses on the five senses which are sight, smell, touch, sound and taste. 2) Example: Spring Everyone has a comfortable place to comparative escape to for relaxation. They go there when they need to be. Hearing , Odor , Olfaction 1017 Words | 4 Pages. Essay Examples Four types of essays exist including: narration, description, exposition, and argument. Each type has a unique . purpose: some tell a story, some are descriptive and others prevent viewpoints. Of The Civil War? One of the best ways to better understand each type of essay is to essay review examples.

Types of Essays Narrative Narration is telling a story from architecture research a certain viewpoint, and there is usually a reason for the telling. All narrative essays will have characters, setting, climax, and comparative essay most importantly. Essay , Essays , Exposition 1903 Words | 6 Pages. Descriptive Essay As I walked through the cold, lonely streets of Aberdeen, I decided to take a shortcut home. Essay? Making a sharp . right, I was headed down an alleyway, which was dark and sinister. Comparative Essay Literary? Mist was slowly rising upward from the essay experience school, ground, which appeared yellowish from the reflection of one sole, dim, flickering light, almost at comparative essay literary, the point of burning out. The only sounds of the night came from moore thesis my own feet dragging over many pebbles and stone on the cement. The breeze was very bitter and piercing.

Cosmo Kramer , This Old Man 1151 Words | 3 Pages. 1. Descriptive essay writing An essay is a written composition of comparative essay, moderate length . Essay? exploring a particular issue or subject. Descriptive essays , derived from the literary, word describe, is a genre of essay that asks the student to describe something—object, person, place, experience, emotion, situation, etc. Writers use the descriptive essay to create a vivid picture of davis moore thesis, a person, place, or thing. Unlike a narrative essay , which reveals meaning through a personal story, the. Emotion , Essay , Meaning of life 794 Words | 3 Pages.

?Anh Phan ENG 099 7248795 Descriptive Essay Grandmother, the inspiration of my life I still remember every picture . and actions of my grandmother, a woman who loves me and sacrifices for me and my father most. My father grew up in the north of comparative essay literary, Vietnam, and my mom and my family in the south of Vietnam. For the disadvantages of preservation essay, long distance, I could not visit my grandmother and comparative essay literary grandfather regularly. Fortunately, in Tet Holiday in Vietnam when I was 7 years old, my parents took me to visit. A Big Family , Family , Grandparent 964 Words | 4 Pages. not know anything about descriptive essays you should certainly look for descriptive . essay examples, which you can find online, as well as at architecture research, Professays.com.

Why should you look for essay literary, such examples? Those students with little writing experience can be somewhat puzzled by experience high, a descriptive essay . Thus, an essay example will offer much valuable information, regarding both essay form and contents. Essay Literary? The first thing you can learn is descriptive essay topics. Preservation Essay? Then you can pay attention to essay structure and outline. Essay , Essays , Five paragraph essay 743 Words | 3 Pages. ?How to Write a Descriptive Essay Descriptive essays are often subjective tasks. The first issue at . hand is to make sure you know what type of essay literary, paper you are writing. The descriptive essay is essay of the civil war often creative, personal, or simply artistic.

Discuss the assignment with your professor or teacher before you begin. Even though your descriptive essay is more personal than a standard five-paragraph or compare-contrast essay , there is still quite a bit of homework to be done. Here is a list of important rules. Emotion , Essay , Essays 1406 Words | 5 Pages. Descriptive essay example If you are having problems with writing of a descriptive essay you . should certainly look for a descriptive essay example (or even maybe several examples). Descriptive essays have their distinctive features and compulsory elements. A writer has to essay literary develop chosen topic in such a way, so that reader have no further questions on the issue. What are these issues? These may be people, events, facts etc.

Descriptive essay examples will certainly help aspiring writers compose. Emotion , Essay , Essays 738 Words | 3 Pages. ?THINGS TO BE GIVEN IMPORTANCE IN A DESCRIPTIVE ESSAY IDENTIFICATION OF THE THINGS TO BE DESCRIBED Descriptive . Read Descriptive Online? essay focuses on a person, place, memory, experience or an comparative essay literary, object. Architecture Research Papers? First, the exact thing that is to be described must be identified. REASON FOR WRITING A DESCRIPTIVE ESSAY There will be particular reason for writing this kind of essay . That reason will help the writer focus his description and imbue his language with a particular perspective or emotion. FOCUS ON THE FIVE SENSES Focusing. Essay , Essays , Five senses 1217 Words | 3 Pages. Compare-Contrast Essay Eng121: English Composition I (AXC13480) Regina McKinney Professor: Nancy Segovia January 1, 2014 A . narrative essay is about storytelling for a narrative story to comparative essay literary work it must capture and hold the gothic research, audience attention you must give a clear understanding of your story. A descriptive essay lets you describe in comparative literary, detail what the davis moore sociology, essay is comparative essay all about using words that appeal to myself your sense of comparative, smell, hearing, see, touch, and essay taste.

A descriptive essay lets you use words that. Essay , Maya Angelou , Narrative 1226 Words | 4 Pages. Narrative Essay Vs. Essay Literary? Descriptive Essay. ? Narrative Essays Are a Great Read Name ENG121 Professor June 16, 2014 Narrative Essays Are a . Moore Thesis Sociology? Great Read Narrative essays and Descriptive essays can be similar but they are different in nature. The narrative essay “I Want a Wife” is more compelling than the descriptive essay “Homeless” because the narrative essay has a point of view, uses humor and essay satire, and architecture research papers uses tone and language that can draw the reader in. “Narration is storytelling from the perspective of.

Essay , Essays , Homelessness 1604 Words | 7 Pages. ?FINAL DRAFT OF DESCRIPTIVE ESSAY ‘NARRATIVE AND DESCRIPTIVE WRITING’ READER 2013 Name : HAPSARI C. . HANANDYA (Nanna) Student Numb. : 112012133 SATYA WACANA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY “Tlatar” The Beautiful Sketch of God Painting Wandering the beautiful place always make me feel enchanted. There are many beautiful place that God has given for us to be used and developed as best as possible. Comparative Essay Literary? I remember one interesting place and always makes me want to visit it for moore thesis sociology, the umpteenth time. Boyolali Regency , Central Java , Existential quantification 905 Words | 3 Pages. Building Vocabulary The weather Good weather be bathed in/bask in/be blessed with/enjoy (Bask-enjoy sitting or lying in the . heat or light of sth, esp in the sun) bright/ brilliant/glorious sunshine the sun shines/warms sth/beats down (on sth) the sunshine breaks/streams through sth fluffy/wispy clouds drift across the comparative literary, sky a gentle/light/stiff/cool/warm/sea breeze blows in/comes in off the sea the snow crunches beneath/under sb's feet/boots Bad weather Thick/dark/storm clouds. Children's literature , Lightning , Reading 1622 Words | 6 Pages. dashing out to introduce spm rescue someone from being hit by a car. Literary? * The beauty of a leaf falling against a sky lit up by a rainbow after a sun shower. . * The cry of essay, a baby wanting her mother to come and pick her up. * * 2 Think about objects located in relation to where you were. Things to comparative essay consider include: * Did your surroundings remind you of any other place in time? * What was the texture of things around you when you touched them? * What feelings. Emotion , Essay , Feeling 910 Words | 4 Pages. Writing Handout E-7: Descriptive Essay Structuring a Descriptive Essay A . descriptive essay simply describes something or someone by appealing to essay the reader’s senses: sight, sound, touch, smell and taste.

Here are the comparative literary, basic steps to introduce myself essay spm writing an comparative literary, effective descriptive essay : 1. Introduce Myself Spm? Select a subject Observation is the key to comparative essay writing a good description. Architecture Research? For example, if you are writing about literary a place, go there and gothic take notes on the sights, sounds, and smells. A descriptive essay paints a picture for the. Essay , Figure of speech , Grammatical tense 1171 Words | 4 Pages. ? English 9A, Unit 2 Descriptive Portfolio Your second portfolio will be a descriptive essay . about your favorite location. You will not be focused on building characters or telling a story in this paper - Your paper will purely describe. Literary? Remember that your descriptions should use imagery and sensory details, meaning that it should appeal to experience high the five senses. While reading your paper, I should be able to essay literary picture your location. Essay High? Your favorite room of your house Your favorite location.

Essay , Object-oriented programming , Sense 858 Words | 4 Pages. Descriptive Essay : Connor Donnelly 090-177 Essay #2 People are always talking about being in . Comparative Literary? those situations where time slows down to the point where a few seconds feels like a few minutes, well I didn’t exactly think that is what actually happened. War? Until a dreary, calm, dull spring afternoon in essay, Briargate (located in Northern Colorado Springs), about a week after my fourteenth birthday, I decided that I was going to go down to this plentifully lush creek next to forests essay a well travelled bridge. While. Ballpoint pen , Foot , Fuck 1024 Words | 3 Pages. Eric Zapata Descriptive Essay Prof. Literary? Carolyn Robinson 10/2/2012 Every Friday after school with the boys, we . would pick up our Dyno bikes and ride four blocks down to Tony’s pizzeria. Myself Spm? If I had to think about it, Tony’s pizzeria is was and comparative still is to this day an important part of my life. Since I have moved to Brentwood, Tony’s pizza was the one and only place I would order pizza from.

There wasn’t any other pizzeria that could top Tony’s. I remember the moore thesis, first day going to. Calzone , Campania , Italian cuisine 885 Words | 3 Pages. Descriptive Essay About Maharajah's Feast. consider eating something like this. The man across the table grabs a squirming eel in comparative, each hand and introduce essay spm sucks them down like wet spaghetti. Dr. Jones . and Captain Blumburrtt are sitting next to each other and casually speaking to the Prime Minister about the complaints from the villagers. The discussion starts calm but escalates, as the essay, Prime Minister seems uncomfortable with Dr.

Jones' comments. The Prime Minister reassures Dr. Jones that these are just village stories and fear and folklore. He doesn't. Anxiety , Cabinet , Domestic worker 796 Words | 3 Pages. ? Descriptive Essays vs.

Narrative Essays Many people have different preferences on what type of writing style . they think is experience more superior to another, I believe descriptive writing to comparative essay be more excellent writing style then narrative. I can tell you that there are a few similarities and a few differences between the two. I prefer Descriptive essays , rather than narrative essays . Moore Thesis Sociology? In my belief, it's that the descriptive essays are more effective when an author is trying to comparative essay convey a story or get a. Essay , Fiction , Narrative 1153 Words | 4 Pages. Cynthia Morris – Descriptive Essay There is a quote that says: Mothers are angels who teach their children how to fly. . Indeed my mother was an angel who in my younger years I thought was sent here to experience high school torture me especially when I wanted to hang out with my friends instead of doing chores or homework. My mother was the pillar of strength, love, and compassion.

Mothers may be misunderstood but that doesn’t mean they don’t care or know better. My earliest memories of essay, my mother, was her pretty. Anxiety , Family , Father 861 Words | 3 Pages. ENC1101 Date: 9/17/2012 Assignment: Essay #2 - Descriptive Relaxation Destination Everybody has that one place. Research? A . place that they run to literary in times of joy, stress, and sorrow. For some people it's a social setting, but for others, and myself included, it's a place to get away from others. A place where I can unwind, relax and have time to myself, even though at times some friends or family would tag along. The place I'm talking about is my cottage back in Canada. Three hours north of. Dock , Dune buggy , Hiking 840 Words | 3 Pages.

Ivory Koehn 9/10/2010 Descriptive Essay Under The Raised Hand Prologue When I was a young girl learning . about life and love, I always thought that some man would sweep me off my feet and it was my fate to be with him and only him. My mother was not a big fan of love and fate. She didn’t have a very good history of guys and essay experience high relationships. She would always tell us love was not a reality and we should find someone with a lot of comparative literary, money. Read Descriptive Online? My mother is a strong feminist woman and I tried as hard. 2008 singles , English-language films , High school 2045 Words | 5 Pages. Descriptive Essay A Horrid Memory My sweaty palms ran through-out the thin strands of my hair as I tried to comfort . Comparative? myself for just a single moment.

I felt scared, almost terrified as the screams of my nightmare echoed in my ears and moore thesis made my head throb. Almost never did I have such vivid dreams, and essay literary when I did, I never remembered them the next day. Read Descriptive Essays Online? Nevertheless, I don't think that I'll ever be able to make amends with my darkest memories and reliving situations that scarred my childhood. Laughter 865 Words | 3 Pages. ?English 101: Portfolio _______- __________________ Essay Cover Sheet Instructor Student Identification Prefix Number Please . type or print. What was the literary, writing assignment? (Use your teacher’s words or attach the assignment.) Assignment- Descriptive Essay The idea here is to find a place that has a function then decide whether or not it serves its purpose. The main idea should center on gothic research papers how well the place works relative to its intended function. The description must be. Essay , Essays , Garden 731 Words | 3 Pages. ? Descriptive narrative Assignment September 25, 2013 A Terrible Event No one could ever imagine that such an incident could . happen.

On December 31, 2008, in Benin precisely in West Africa, my friends Erick, John, and literary I decided to go out, as we were welcoming the New Year. Erick and John were my best friends in preservation, High school, and we were together almost all the time. Comparative Essay? Erick was tall, short hair with a moustache, whereas John was short and had a long beard. New Year’s Eve was always fun. ARIA Charts , Automobile , New Year 1041 Words | 3 Pages. ? Descriptive Essay Draft Throughout our lives we meet many people. We impact others by our own actions every day. Sometimes . we impact them without even realizing it. And people will impact our lives and our hearts forever.

You may just have a simple conversation with a stranger on preservation a bus, and before you know it, both individuals have a changed perspective on something. Or perhaps you’ve known the person your whole life and they have impacted you just as much or even more. These influential people. 2008 albums , 2008 singles , Conversation 964 Words | 3 Pages. How to Write a Descriptive Essay More than many other types of comparative essay, essays , descriptive . Read Essays Online? essays strive to literary create a deeply involved and vivid experience for the reader. Great descriptive essays achieve this affect not through facts and statistics but by using detailed observations and descriptions. What do you want to papers describe? As you get started on your descriptive essay , it's important for essay, you to identify exactly what you want to describe. Often, a descriptive essay will focus on portraying one of. Essay , Odor , Sun 988 Words | 3 Pages.

English 152 Lynne Goldsmith Descriptive Essay October 23, 2014 Let Me Tell Ya ‘Bout My Best Friend Saige Mackenzie Polk, a . five foot girl with ten feet of attitude and sass. The girl that everyone knows and watches in awe as she struts down the hallways. She’s the girl that succeeds with flying colors at gothic research, everything she attempts, and comparative essay literary never has a thought of giving up until she feels it is good enough for davis moore sociology, not only herself, but every other person around. Everything about Saige is essay spectacular from her. 2005 singles , 2006 albums , Friendship 976 Words | 4 Pages. Descriptive essay Shyla Hassett Everyone has a place where they go to escape all the pressures and worries of life? . ? . Preservation Essay? There is always that one spot that can soothe all your problems and essay literary troubles in times of stress.

For some? ,? the woods? ,? the beach? ,? or the davis thesis, park is the comparative essay, place to go? . ? For me? ,? it’s simpler. I go to my bedroom to cure all my problems? . As I walk in davis thesis sociology, I can feel the soft? ,? smooth carpet beneath my feet. I see freshly painted lavender walls with white trimming?. 2004 albums , Color , Debut albums 323 Words | 2 Pages. Descriptive Essay My nose is overwhelmed with the smell of hairspray, baby powder, and a fruity perfume. There are too many . girls in comparative essay literary, here, all struggling and fighting for a space near the mirror that covers the entire back wall. Thesis Sociology? It’s dim in here, but it’s a good kind of dim, almost calming. The only essay literary, light is coming from the round vanity bulbs that line the top of the mirrors, making it so that the myself essay, fluorescents don’t impair what natural light reveals.

I make my way to the red lockers on the right. Cosmetics , Hair iron , Hairstyle 1441 Words | 4 Pages. 1. Descriptive Writing Afro Asian Essay Example Essay 81 - 100 . www.studymode.com/. / descriptive -writing-afro-asian- essay -example-pa. ? * 20+ items - Free Essay about Descriptive Writing Afro Asian Essay Example . question you essay may require -starting point transistor and ending condition . Comparative? time, and a cup of coffee you should have no problem. Moore? There are many . 2. Afro-Asian Literature - Essay - Warriorjamboy1 - StudyMode.com www.studymode.com › Essays › Military ? . Afro-Asian , Essay , Expository writing 1436 Words | 6 Pages. was just really incredible for so many reasons and I can’t wait to comparative literary go back. Although there were many reasons why this vacation was unbelievably incredible, I . can only say a few. My trip to Hawaii was amazing because of the beautiful beaches, the weather , and gothic research papers my aunt’s wedding. Comparative? The beaches in thesis, Maui were so beautiful because they weren’t crowded, and the sand was soft; the water was clear and essay blue. Walking onto the beach the sand beneath my feet was warm and preservation soft. Comparative Literary? The sand was so soft it felt as if.

English-language films , Haleakala , Hawaii 1110 Words | 3 Pages. ?Icesus Holland Brenda White English 101 16 September 2013 Descriptive Essay The beach is one of the most beautiful . places in the world. Before visiting, I had only introduce myself spm, been to literary the four states, which is the stringy grassy fields, the of the, forest of trees, the smelly white and comparative essay literary black cows and pink curly tailed pigs. See I had never seen any other states but Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. I love the picture in read descriptive online, my head but it was nice to finally see something different. When my boyfriend. 1996 albums , 2005 singles , Akira Kurosawa 1256 Words | 4 Pages. A Descriptive Essay Anticipation grows consistent with every step I take along the comparative essay literary, gritty concrete labyrinth. Beneath a . blazing sun, the smell of baked asphalt, sugary cola, and pretzel surround me.

I follow the unpainted, gray chain fence that leads me forward. Essays Online? Overhead the comparative essay, deafening whirl of essay of the war, metal and screams briefly fill the hot air. The consistent drone of greasy motors and hissing pneumatics engage my curiosity. My heart rushes like a child on Christmas morning about to receive a favorite. Mind 1016 Words | 3 Pages. 115 date Essay 1 Do You Want to Build a Snowman? Is incredible all that a piece of paper can reflect about comparative essay literary someone life, . these pieces of paper illustrated by characters or passages can be meaningful for us, all the forests essay, memories this brought to people minds, those wonderful papers are called pictures.

When we thought of pictures we just take those for comparative essay, granted. Myself Spm? The images shown in pictures tell us more than one thing at once, it depends on everyone perceptions about it and the feeling about others to. 2008 albums , Debut albums , English-language films 935 Words | 3 Pages. Descriptive Essay Hearts were racing, twelve to comparative be exact, lungs were being constricted tighter and tighter with every second . that went by, joints were being pushed to their limits as their limbs stretched the farthest they could reach, and yet these twelve people were still able to ignore their injuries. All they revealed was happiness. There was no pain to be seen.

No acknowledgement of misery because they all knew they only had those two minutes and thirty seconds to preservation give it their all. Any sense. Pain , Split 1157 Words | 3 Pages. Descriptive Essay About the Beach. Descriptive Essay ; My Perfect Place a television, a jewelry box, or a computer, etc. It wasnt real, but it was a great . place to comparative essay escape to even if it was just in davis sociology, my mind. It gave me something to hope.

Premium Descriptive Essay Describing a Place Patdreka Williams 7-14-12 English 110 Journal Entry A Place When I was a little girl I dreamed of the most extraordinary room in my mind. Being one of the. Premium Descriptive Essay . Comparative? My Favorite Place. Atlantic Ocean , English-language films , Girl 273 Words | 2 Pages. | Descriptive Essay | Rough draft | | Gatewood, Jasmine | 10/12/2012 | Myself: Person Hello kitty . collection thing Homemade spaghetti food Downtown Dallas place Jasmine Gatewood English 0331.2 Ms. Fischel 10/12/12 Description Essay Downtown Dallas home of the dart and the drug dealers on introduce every corner, my friends and literary I used to visit regularly to moore thesis have a nice chipotle dinner. When you are hear you cannot help but, visit the many food places, and literary cultural.

Dallas , Dallas Area Rapid Transit , Dallas – Fort Worth Metroplex 1433 Words | 4 Pages. Chante Francisco Descriptive Essay - My Grandparent’s House My most favorite place has always been my . grandparent’s house. This is the place I would have to essay high go to before and after school. I have always loved my grandparent’s house because it made me feel safe and warm. Essay? There was a smell of coffee in the air at all times. It seemed like all my grandmother did was make coffee. If I smell coffee, I instantly think of essay, my grandparent’s house.

My grandparent’s house . Collard greens , English-language films , Family 522 Words | 3 Pages. Compare and Contrast Essay: Narrative and Descriptive Essays. Compare and Contrast Essay Name Institutional Affiliation Introduction Academicians argue that, a powerful reader paints a picture . on a reader’s mind. Writing effective different types of essays is increasingly becoming a critical organ of essay literary, academic success (Feng Checkett, 2014, p. 152). Essays? There are two major types of essays , narrative and descriptive . Comparative Literary? While the two might be appropriate in academic writing, one is read descriptive essays arguably effective that the other. Narrative essays tells a story from personal. Essay , I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings , Maya Angelou 1036 Words | 6 Pages. ?Name Professor Course Name and Number Date Descriptive Essay One of tha problems with growing older is losing tha wonder and . fascination of tha world that children see. With tha everyday drudgery of life, it gets harder and comparative essay harder to see tha world with tha child like perspective that we all once did. Read Essays? This is tha reason that having children has been so exciting because I can once again regain tha opportunity to see tha world through thair innocent, creative eyes.

Thare are few places where tha. Disney Vacation Club , Epcot , Magic Kingdom 1533 Words | 6 Pages. ? PART I ESSAY Origin of Essay History of essay as a literature form has begun in 1580 when Michel de . Montaigne has published the book “Les Essais”. Comparative? In French term “essais” means “try” or “experience”. It was a book written because of boredom; it did not have a distinct structure or plan, and consisted of essay civil, individual chapters, formally unrelated to comparative essay each other. Montaigne suggested his literary tests in form of initial essay , highlighting their subjective, relative, and inconclusive sides.

Essay , Essays , Exposition 1691 Words | 5 Pages. Chandell Gabler English 099-22-Intro to College Writing 9:05-10:15 am Professor Braxton-Robinson/Professor Sheffield Assignment: Write a . Descriptive Essay describing a storm you have witnessed. The storm I witnessed was Hurricane Sandy. When I first heard of the introduce myself, hurricane I thought it wouldn't be as bad as some people were prediciting, but as the storm approached I certainly changed my mind. As we sat in the house it became very real how bad the storm was going to be.

It was scary to. Academy Award for comparative essay, Best Supporting Actor , Denzel Washington , Paterson, New Jersey 971 Words | 3 Pages. Descriptive Essay As my sister’s wedding drew near, given that I was her maid of honor, it became apparent to me that it was . my job to take all of the high, ladies in the wedding party to essay the salon on the day of the davis, wedding. Comparative Essay? This was fine with me, except that I hadn’t worn makeup or done my hair for years. After much convincing from the bride, I decided to get my makeup done with them, and regretted that decision every second after it was made. The day approached all too soon. Forests Essay? I was blown back.

Cosmetics , English-language films , I Decided 917 Words | 3 Pages. College Writing 2 October 2012 Descriptive Essay A compact two-door car might not mean a lot to someone, but to comparative essay me, working . and improving my car is davis moore thesis my favorite thing to do. When I am not inside my house or hanging out with my friends, you’ll be sure to find me working or cleaning my car. For most people, leaving their car stock is passable for their needs, but to me it’s not. My car is modified which makes it one of a kind.

My car consists of essay literary, its exterior, interior, and gothic architecture research performance level. Automobile , Color , Headlamp 2139 Words | 5 Pages. English Description Essay In this essay I will describe something in my home; I have chosen to comparative essay literary describe a Cheez-It box. . Many people own Cheez-It snacks in read descriptive, their homes. The color of the Cheez-It box is red, white, orange, yellow, and black. The front of the box has a big label reading Cheez-It. Above the label it shows the company’s name which is Sunshine. Literary? It has a picture of a little fat chef on the left of the company sunshine’s name. Directly underneath the Cheez-It label it declares. Cheddar cheese , Cheese , Cheez-It 961 Words | 3 Pages. Descriptive paper Mercedez 1 How It Feels To Be in a Live Poker Tournament About five years ago I used to date this guy, . whose mother loved to go to the casino.

When I first heard about her going, I just couldn’t understand why she would get so excited about moore thesis going there. She would come home and comparative literary say how she had the gothic research papers, best time and how she got so lucky. Essay? She claimed that her son would give her luck and other small things that she would do, to claim she received luck that night. I would just look. Card game , Game , Luck 1678 Words | 4 Pages. Jennifer Schacht ENG-090 2/10/2011 Descriptive Essay Final We have been waiting nine long months, and sociology we have had much . preparation to do before the comparative essay, arrival of our daughter. Myself Essay? Of all the things we have prepared for her, I am most proud of her room, my mother and literary I painted it and sat it up with all the introduce spm, accessories together.

I sat on the floor and taped off the stripes to be painted, and my mom painted. It was a great team effort, and we are so happy how it turned out. With flowers and butterflies. 2007 singles , Caesarean section , English-language films 2924 Words | 6 Pages. ?Fred Cotten Descriptive Essay September 27, 2014 English 1010 - 85 A Mini Vacation to Atlanta, Georgia Traveling is comparative one . of my family’s favorite things to do. The family has visited numerous places throughout the introduce spm, United States, however, none are as memorable as Atlanta, Georgia. In Atlanta, there are many places to go and sights to see such as: Cola-cola factory, Cabbage Patch Kids Factory, Under Ground Mall, the Zoo, Atlanta Braves Stadium, Six Flags Over Georgia, Stone Mountain Park, and.

1996 Summer Olympics , Atlanta , Atlanta metropolitan area 788 Words | 3 Pages. English 1301 Week 4 The Narrative Essay My First Flight The seasons are approaching in which families gather to celebrate . Comparative Essay Literary? Thanksgiving and myself essay Christmas. This time of year does not carry the essay literary, same feelings for me as they did when I was young. I am a military spouse and my husband has been away for most of our holidays. One peculiar Christmas I received the opportunity to spend the moore thesis, holiday with him this was my first flight experience. The morning of my flight, I got up at 2 o’clock, said a prayer. Anxiety , Flight , Plane 1310 Words | 3 Pages. Prof. Comparative? Proscia Dispatch Weather In the aviaiton industry weather is one of the most important subjects. Gothic Research? When the . weather changes, there are changes in comparative essay literary, the conditions of a flight as well. Since weather changes so often, every flight is different.

Changes in weather can happen during flights as well as between them. Both dispatchers and pilots have to be ready to deal with various changes in weather conditions and war have a plan. Having a good understanding of weather is very important for comparative literary, a dispatcher. Atmospheric pressure , Aviation terminology , Climate 1757 Words | 5 Pages. parents thought we should donate our toys and our old cloths to read essays the day care down the street. Out of literary, frustration, we gave up, until I had an preservation forests essay, idea. Comparative Essay? My . grandparents were landscaping in their back yard and that had a huge pile of gravel. With all the hot weather , they hadn’t had the time to lay it out. Introduce? So there and then we decided that we were going to steal some of comparative, their gravel and sell it in essay, our yard sale. Essay? The only thing that we had left to devise was how we were going to architecture papers get it and when.

We felt like. 971 Words | 3 Pages. ? NIGERIA The purpose of this essay is to describe Nigeria. Essay Literary? Officially it is a federal constitutional republic, located in introduce myself spm, West . Africa and essay literary shares land borders with the Republic of Benin in the west, Chad and Cameroon in the east, and Niger in the north. Its coast in the south lies on the Gulf of essay experience high school, Guinea on the Atlantic Ocean. Its three largest and most influential ethnic groups are the Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. The name Nigeria was taken from the essay literary, Niger River running through the country. Africa , Benin , Niger 1819 Words | 8 Pages. so close to any body of water before.

After about one year of living in high school, Easton, Pennsylvania, my mom and comparative essay literary I had decided to have a picnic every . year alongside the Delaware River. We would sit on preservation forests the grass with the comparative essay, sun warming our faces and forests just watch the water in literary, the river flow until it fell down the waterfall. The Delaware River provides a place for me to think and essay of the civil war it’s also a great place to comparative go if you want to relax. One of the things I love about the gothic architecture, Delaware River is comparative essay all the sounds I hear. American films , English-language films , New Jersey 909 Words | 3 Pages. people have been isolated by essay of the civil, rising floodwaters. In Queensland the literary, focus remained on the city of forests, Bundaberg, 190 miles (300km) north of Brisbane and home to . Essay? 100,000 people. Bundaberg's Burnett river peaked on Tuesday, surging into 2,000 homes and davis moore about 200 businesses. Comparative Essay Literary? Hundreds of residents, including 131 patients from the Bundaberg hospital, had earlier been airlifted to safety as the waters moving at 40 miles an hour threatened to rip houses from their foundations.

One house was reported to have.

Academic Proofreading -
Comparative Criticism: Volume 9, Cultural Perceptions and Literary

colorado essay Conservationist and NG Emerging Explorer. The Colorado River winds through the Grand Canyon. Photograph by Pete McBride. Colorado River water was diverted into these potash-mine settling ponds near Moab, Utah. Photograph by Pete McBride. This aerial view shows the wetlands of the Cienega de Santa Clara, 40,000 acres of comparative vegetation and wildlife habitat in Mexico's Sonoran Desert that have been revived with waste water from the essay Yuma Desalination Plant. Essay Literary. Photograph by Pete McBride.

The Colorado River winds through several national parks and numerous canyons, including the read descriptive essays Nankoweap Canyon in Arizona. Photograph by Pete McBride. Water is dyed blue to expedite evaporation at comparative a potash facility. Photograph by Pete McBride. Eerie patterns can be seen in the Colorado River's parched delta. Essay Experience. Photograph by Pete McBride. the Colorado River and its dozens of spectacular tributaries carved out the Grand Canyon and scoured the Rockies, flushing mineral-rich sediment to the sea. These rivers weren't always in flood, but they never ran dry. Today, however, the second largest tributary, the Gila, is mostly bone dry in its lower reaches through Arizona; the Salt River—supplying Phoenix—no longer makes it to a confluence with the Gila; the Santa Cruz is seen beneath Tucson bridges only comparative essay literary, during rare floods; and the Colorado River itself, almost unbelievably, stopped running to the sea in most years after the completion of Glen Canyon Dam in 1966. Forests. The river hasn't flowed to the Sea of essay literary Cortez in Mexico since 1998. What happened?

In a word: agriculture. A steady march of population growth and climate change has exacerbated conditions, but it all began with farming, much of it supported by taxpayers in a feverish desire to settle the West. After irrigation ditches and architecture research papers, canals were hewed into the arid ground, farmers planted wheat, then hay. Those crops, along with cotton, citrus fruits, 90 percent of the comparative essay nation's winter vegetables, and almost any other plant imaginable, now consume about 70 percent of the experience Colorado River Basin's water. Our green lawns, golf courses, swimming pools, and generally thirsty cities also take a share of the dwindling water, as do reservoirs, where 15 percent of the basin's water evaporates into comparative, thin air each year. Although people tend to think of the Colorado as a single channel that slices through the Grand Canyon, the river system is really made up of scores of major tributaries that are collectively known as the Colorado River Basin. Forests. Running as red and comparative, warm as fish blood, or as emerald and cold as a glacial lake, its 242,000-square-mile (626,777-square-kilometer) drainage area alternates between the primeval and essay school, the altered. The basin's drainage covers a percentage of the comparative literary U.S. that's almost identical to the percentage of Africa drained by the Nile. The Colorado River is both servant and scenic wonder to the 36 million Americans it supplies with water. It is also one of the siltiest, most litigated over, and frequently paddled rivers in the world. It is now widely accepted that population growth and climate change will cause ever more intense water shortages in davis the West, much like the travails of Egypt over the long-disputed Nile.

Despite all this change, the massive Colorado River Delta, bearded with salt grass, is comparative essay, still one of the civil most wild and beautiful places betwixt source and comparative, sea: lush with unexpected groundwater in its center and descriptive, surprisingly alive with rattling kingfishers, circling mallards, probing cattle egrets, mischievous ravens, prowling ospreys, and snakelike cormorants diving for fish. Essay Literary. If you're listening carefully, the mournful cry of loons can be heard mimicking the howl of coyotes, as if to say, Please give us back our river. From Source to Sea. Calamity, arguing with its split personality, Beauty. Of The. I know this because I've slept on comparative literary, the delta's muddy yet cracked, salt-stained sand, which washed down from the forests essay Grand Canyon.

It took me five months to paddle there, 1,450 miles (2,330 kilometers) from the literary Continental Divide, plunging as much as 90 feet (27 meters) per vertical mile through bone-breaking rapids, then spilling out into essay, reservoired calms that stretch for more than 300 miles (480 kilometers) of its path toward Mexico's Sea of Cortez. In the four years since that journey, I've continued my exploration of the Colorado River Basin's tributaries. My mission is to showcase the breadth and beauty of this river system, as well as investigate the literary changes of the high last century. My primary tool is a camera, along with old landscape photographs that show these waterways in an earlier, PreDambrian state—the term ecologically astute boatmen use to essay, longingly refer to an era before nearly 100 dams were built, dams that now stop sediment flow and unnaturally refrigerate river temperatures. The Grand Canyon's crux rapid, Lava, drops 37 feet (11 meters) in less than 100 yards and routinely flips the two-ton rafts of the best boatmen. Yet 195 miles (314 kilometers) upstream, unbeknownst to most of the two million annual visitors staring down at what they think of as the national park's violent central artery, the Colorado River is unnaturally controlled by the Glen Canyon Dam, standing 710 feet (216 meters) high. The Green River, the largest of the Colorado's tributaries, once flushed half of an ocean liner's worth of sediment 730 miles (1,175 kilometers) every day through Wyoming and Utah, briefly draining western Colorado before reaching its Utah confluence with the Colorado River. The particulate-carrying force of the Colorado River and its sandy tributaries then doubled—to an spm, estimated six trillion pounds of silt per essay, day—as it raced another 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) to the sea, building backwaters and sustaining flora and fauna with life-giving minerals. But now, dams like Glen Canyon have trapped the essay of the war silty life force of these rivers beneath many reservoirs. To demonstrate these effects I scour archives, from the National Archives in Maryland to the Bancroft Library in California, and when I find a compelling black-and-white image of a pristine river within the region, I seek out the original photographer's bankside camera stations and essay, take a new photo.

This work of civil repeat photography is akin to comparative literary, a treasure hunt: whole days of paddling, walking, or driving while trying to line up riverbanks with distant mountains just as they were aligned in forests the old photos—which were often captioned before modern towns and comparative essay literary, river place-names existed. Although I usually find my photographic quarry, in many instances the scenes are so overgrown with towering invasive plants that I can't see, let alone photograph, the river. Still, more often than not, I strike gold. As if disembarking from a time machine, heart pounding, I stand in the footsteps of the great, glass-and-gel-plate, pioneer lens men like Timothy O'Sullivan, who learned his craft while photographing carnage on essay, Civil War battlefields and then arduously hauled his boat up the lower Colorado; William Henry Jackson, who opened a photography studio in Denver after accompanying government survey teams around Western rivers; and a latter-day disciple, Louis C. McClure, who photographed dams, railroads, and comparative essay, river-irrigated agricultural areas in the Colorado River Basin into the mid-19th century. Discovering their historic camera stations and unveiling radically changed riverscapes always makes me feel like I have unearthed buried anti-treasure, revealing the secret, hidden costs of Western reclamation. In this post-DamNation, one of many restoration projects targets ancient fish that still swim in essay of the the basin's waters. Four of these warm-water, silt-adapted species—the pike minnow, the humpback chub, the bonytail chub, and comparative essay, the razorback sucker—are now endangered because the silt- and migration-blocking dams also refrigerate the essay of the civil war water temperature by dropping cold, mid-level (instead of warm, surface) reservoir water into the rivers below. The beauty of these fish is in comparative essay their uncanny adaptation to a bygone era—a trait not seen in their newly introduced trout and gothic research papers, bass predators. In the comparative essay PreDambrian, pike minnows ranged over 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) of myself river and grew to 5 feet (1.5 meters), but they are now as stunted in comparative range as they are in growth.

The humpback chub has neuromast chemoreceptors on its head, allowing the species to essay, smell (rather than see) faraway food in silty water. The torpedo-shaped and camouflage-backed bonytail chub, rarest of all the native fish, disappeared from the Lower Basin after the comparative construction of Hoover Dam. And the tuba-lipped razorback sucker dwells in essay civil deep water, avoiding ultraviolet light; while mating, the male flashes its uniquely adapted eyes to reflect ambient UV light and scare off any male competitors. These four species have no commercial value. If caught by fishermen they have to be immediately released, and they're passed by in literary favor of the more palatable, non-native sport fish. Yet these four species are essential, endemic symbols of the river system's uniqueness and are found nowhere else in the world. Dams have flipped off their evolutionary light switch. Highways crisscross the desert in Phoenix, Arizona, where population growth has put a major strain on resources.

Photograph by essays, Pete McBride. A dense subdivision borders undeveloped desert in Las Vegas, Nevada. Many homeowners there practice xeriscaping with natural plants that require little water, to help reduce the toll on the dwindling Colorado River. Photograph by Pete McBride. Downtown Las Vegas struggles with the need to essay literary, balance water consumption with tourism and a growing population.

Photograph by Pete McBride. Phoenix uses twice as much Colorado River water as any other city, in part for the area's famous golf courses. Photograph by Pete McBride. Like these fish hidden beneath the architecture water, human-caused alterations on the surface are complex, and my image pairs don't always show the ill effects or root causes of the literary river basin's transformations. Population growth is one factor affecting the rivers. Over the last century, more people has meant more demand for water. Since first apportioning river water to seven states through the high Colorado River Compact in 1922 and subsequent agreements, the basin states' population has increased ninefold. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, many of the cities dependent on basin water have grown even more: The greater Las Vegas area in 1920 had just over 2,000 people; now it has almost 2 million. In 1900 Phoenix had 5,554 citizens; today it has 1.48 million.

Although forecasting how changing climate will affect water within the basin is an imprecise science, scientists expect the comparative essay region to get hotter and drier. A study by the Department of the Interior's Bureau of Reclamation (the federal agency that manages the Colorado River) in August 2013 projected that the water in Lake Mead will decline to essay of the civil war, 1,060 feet (323 meters) by July 2015, which would likely result in water shortages being declared for essay literary, 2016. The Bureau of Reclamation also recently released a study predicting that by 2060, the Colorado River's flows will decline by 8.7 percent. That's equal to the amount of water canaled to Los Angeles, which gets half of its water from this river. Gothic Architecture Research Papers. Other models show even greater declines. As for the lingering drought that began in October 1999: Historically, droughts are a part of essay literary normal climatic variations, yet tree-ring records show only three longer droughts in gothic architecture papers the basin within the past 1,300 years. Studying my then-and-now image pairs for signs of a changing climate, I find evidence of recent forest fires, loss of river flow, and natural and unnatural geomorphologic changes such as destruction of essay literary meanders and disappearance of sandbanks.

I also see the growth of invasive and water-consumptive plant species like tamarisk and Russian olive, along with an incredible greening of myself river valleys that were barren in the 19th century. And there are many signs of the conceit of human engineering, from ditches to comparative essay literary, dams, transforming once pristine rivers throughout the southwest into war, sportsmen's paradises—in other words, reservoirs—frequented by comparative, loud motorboats, harboring the gasping Asian carp and invasive quagga mussels, and heavily stocked with sport fishes; and irrigation canals, contaminated with pesticides and agricultural runoff, that largely serve dairy cows (60 percent of the essay experience water used for comparative essay, irrigation, or about a third of the river, goes to grow hay and forage crops, according to war, the Pacific Institute). Why Should We Care? and hundreds of other species that rely on essay literary, the river, we should care because the Colorado flows through all of davis thesis sociology us. Many of us use it in our showers and pools, and in the fountains and green parks that our children play in. It is comparative literary, real estate (equity plummets with water levels). It is our wallets: a collective $26 billion per year from the recreation economy, and 250,000 sustainable jobs. It is our livelihoods: I have friends who depend on the river for gothic papers, their work as boatmen, fishing guides, defenders of water rights, teachers, photographers, hay growers, farmers, and realtors. We eat the river in comparative essay cheese and beef and vegetables, products that are made with water from the Colorado and myself, then shipped all over the world. We wear it (as cotton and flax) and condition the air with it, while creating energy with it and growing gardens with it and drinking it in cities far from its banks—such as Los Angeles, San Diego, Denver, and Phoenix. The river winds through the Rocky Mountain, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, and Grand Canyon national parks.

We hike along it, swim in it, and skip stones in it. Let's face it, the river is the literary beating heart of life itself, and when it—the Colorado, the Green, the San Juan, the Gunnison—no longer runs, the Southwest will become as dried out as old toast. Jonathan Waterman treks across the essay war dry Colorado River Delta, which was once thriving with life and an indigenous culture. Photograph by comparative, Pete McBride. The Colorado River Delta once teemed with fish, but now their skeletons can often be found in myself essay spm the dry, cracked mud. Photograph by Pete McBride. Many animals, like this Rocky Mountain toad swimming in the Little Colorado tributary in Arizona, are threatened by comparative, receding water levels. Photograph by Pete McBride. There are many solutions for the Colorado.

Conservation—large-scale xeriscaping (switching to experience school, landscaping plants that don't need much water), irrigation reform, a more watchful eye on the consumptive water-energy nexus, and discretionary crop planting—can send a lot of water back to the rivers where it belongs. According to a recent report from the Pacific Institute, replacing about comparative 10 percent of the basin's irrigated alfalfa acreage with cotton and wheat could save about 250,000 acre-feet of consumptive water use each year. And water use by the Colorado River's outlying farmlands, such as those in high school the Imperial Valley near the comparative essay literary Mexican border, could be halved if farmers irrigated their crops with pipes underneath the thesis sociology soil—as in Egypt, which is comparative literary, experimenting with saving Nile water through the use of davis thesis drip irrigation near the Sudanese border. For all the comparative essay good ideas yet to be initiated, there are as many energy-intensive proposals—such as canaling Green River water over 500 miles (800 kilometers) from Wyoming to Colorado, building desalination plants, or laying pipelines from the Missouri River—that would only accelerate the effects of the original reclamation engineering and increase the greenhouse gases that helped create today's dilemmas. To reverse the ominous trend of civil war southwestern water wastefulness and river destruction, we need more good news like this: In November 2012, the so-called Minute 319 was added to the 1944 International Treaty on the river. The agreement says that over a five-year trial period, a total of comparative literary one percent of the historic flows will be sent south to the Colorado River Delta to rejuvenate native flora and fauna and, hopefully, to reach the sea. Although one percent is not a lot of water, it will simulate the preservation seasonal floods of old and essay literary, keep the riverbed wet. Minute 319 is a unique collaboration between the Mexican and U.S. Read Descriptive Essays Online. governments and a coalition of conservation organizations, each of which is responsible for delivering a third of the water committed to comparative literary, the delta under the agreement. In addition to helping set restoration goals, conservation groups are raising funds to buy water rights from read descriptive online, current users.

In time, if we follow this example of budding restoration, we'll have the opportunity to revive dozens of other western rivers. Or we can begin bidding them goodbye. While I was paddling from source to sea, a week's journey below the comparative essay literary Continental Divide, in a terrific wind near Kremmling, Colorado, I had an encounter that encapsulated the work we need to do for the river. A rancher on the shore angrily shouted that I was trespassing. But I hadn't touched his land, so I pulled over to introduce essay spm, talk. users live outside the basin. The river is comparative literary, going to hell in davis a handbasket, he said, referring to changes on the river, including a recent catastrophe caused by a neighboring rancher who had opened up a ditch headgate in low water and drained the comparative literary Colorado headwaters for of the, a day. It was an uncommon event, but with distant water users seeking more diversions, ranchers—along with fishermen, boaters, and myriad other downstream users—watch the river go bony each fall.

Eventually, the rancher agreed with me that river landowners and literary, recreationalists are all in the same boat. Read Descriptive Essays Online. More than 36 million of us depend on this ancient river, although it's used and undoubtedly adored by millions more. Essay Literary. We can read more than a billion years of time on the walls it has carved. The river itself—a Pliocene relic—is older than our most precious monuments, older than the Parthenon, Stonehenge, or the Pyramids. It predates us all. Essay. The least we can do is save it for our children. Jonathan Waterman is a writer and comparative, photographer based in Colorado. Moore Sociology. In 2010 National Geographic published his book Running Dry: A Journey From Source to Sea Down the Colorado River.

He is also the coauthor, with Pete McBride, of The Colorado River: Flowing Through Conflict.